Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

BEDFONT..........

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BEDFONT.......... Empty BEDFONT.......... Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:38 pm

DB

DB

3points ...GET IN THERE ! cheers

2BEDFONT.......... Empty Re: BEDFONT.......... Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:07 pm

How on earth Bedfont only scored one goal (and that a lucky one) is beyond me and I guess vitually everyone else at the ground.

Still you have to take your chances. Ricky's goal was a belter and Simon's wasn't too far behind for power and in giving the keeper no chance. Not the best performance all round however, there was a lack of ideas so I think quite fortunate to get all three points. My MoM went to Danny Parsons who I think has had an exceptional start to the season.

3BEDFONT.......... Empty Re: BEDFONT.......... Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:51 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

We didn't play well and yes we were lucky today but three points is three points!!!! The twins will be making the short journey to Beaconsfield monday!!!

Last edited by mikefarquharson on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total

4BEDFONT.......... Empty Re: BEDFONT.......... Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:06 am

MH

Agree with those comments, it wasn't the best of performances was it, and anyone associated with Bedfont would have surely been totally and utterly frustrated

But dont want to be cruel here guys, the reason was simple and everyone saw it your finishing thankfully for us, was dreadful truly, truly woeful.

From our perspective the positive we must then take, is that we took points when we really, on balance of play had no right to. Many will suggest that its actually the sign of a good team..we shall have to wait and see about that.

To the match itself and what in our performance did we do wrong.

To me the answer was glaringly obvious.

We constantly overplayed and hung onto the ball for far too long, both in defence, which inflicted many a scary moment for all of us, but more glaringly obvious, right across the midfield

The youngsters simply have to learn that they are not David Beckhams who can drill a 50 yard cross field pass and nor are they Patrick Vieira who with consumate ease could hold the ball, seemingly for ever!

The secret of football is to deliver the ball quickly, especially when teams like Bedfont push their back four so high up the pitch it invites a ball over the top, it invites balls that split defenders.

It was a huge problem last year, and we must not let it be again this season, runs are being made and we simply have to see those runs earlier and then feed them.
Examone the results when we do, especially at Rugby Tuesday and even though to a much lesser degree even again yesterday, we create chances, we score goals. It ain't rocket science

But we dont, we delay and delay and the offensive momentum and possibilities available when early balls are played then goes with it.

What also happens as few appear to want to play that easy ball back, is as a preference the players were then trying to bring the ball across the middle of the park or dribble the ball in from the wings, and too many times yeserday we got caught in posession doing just that, and straight away the back four are under pressure, and it has to stop against the better teams we will get severely punished.
Unfortunately not all teams will be as generous in front of goal as Dedfont were!

Before people suggest otherwise, this is not a supporter slating a team for the sake of it, just constructively bringing up an area which the boys can and to be fair have to address. If they do the team will collectively improve and our individually our youngsters will learn an important lesson, and lets not kid ourselves with the ge of lads the whole season is destined to be one huge learning curve

We must have the youngest team in the league, and by miles and lets not kid ourselves they are going to make mistakes, all of them, the secret though is to learn each time you make one, and I am sure they will

Well done to everyone though, and a very big well done at that, for winning when in reality one doesn't really deserve to is the biggest plus they boys can take from yesterday...roll on tomorrow, its all quite exciting really

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum