Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rugby.........

+2
mikefarquharson
DB
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rugby......... Empty Rugby......... Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:46 am

DB

DB

http://www.rugbytownfc.com/2011-12/matchreports/league/aylesbury-h.htm

Some very good performances & I'm delighted to see Ricky back, we have really missed him well done everyone involved cheers

2Rugby......... Empty Re: Rugby......... Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:08 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

excellent result tonight, couldn't make the game and was hoping to follow live on the web but no service last night :-( Darren, you go to all games don't you? It would be excellent if for us who do find mid week games difficult to get to if the club could farm out the TWEETING Updates/WEB updates as and when the webmaster is not able to get to games. Just a thought but again well done guys

Last edited by mikefarquharson on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total

3Rugby......... Empty Re: Rugby......... Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:37 am

MH

I have to say not only was it an entertaining game but in truth I thought it was a cracking all round team performance. The defence once again gave a very accomplished display and one cant help but be impressed by the growing stature of young Jeanmal who I thought was outstanding
So well are they playing in fact, it actually raises an interesting question as to would Ben, if fit say Saturday, slot straight back into the defence.the answer on the evidence provided is no, and who on earth would have imagined saying that?
The midfield was creative, and tenacious and whilst they still need to support the fron two better, particularly through the middle, it was so much better last night, certainly down the flanks where both wide men had cracking matches
One feared the worse ccertainly in the opening exchanges as Rugby looked by far the busier of the teams, but the defence coped admirably, but once Millers scorching right foot volley went in it seemed to knock a bit of stuffing from our opponents. Jamie was getting more and more roo out on the left and we created many more half chances before the half time break
Millers second goal though, a beautifully struck side foot lob from maybe 30,35 yards clinched the match though and Rubgy never looked like salvaging anything from the match thereafter, even more so when their left back was shown a red card for stamping.
The boys then played the ten men very well, they passed well, they stretched them as you should down both wings and inspite of giving the ball away cheaply and far to reguarly for Marks liking it was in truth quote comfortable during this time, so much so that Ricky could have had at least a couple more!
Interstingly, when Denilson came on he did so on the right wing and I have to say looked far more at home down the flank than he does when up front, a position where in all honesty I do think we need to strengthen!

A very good three points, a well deserved three points and having 7 points from 12 especially in consideration of the teams played is more then an acceptable return and if we get one more forward in, and from somewhere find a gooby sod to captain these youngsters it could be a very interesting season

Well done to everyone, great performance

4Rugby......... Empty Re: Rugby......... Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:45 am

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi all, we were awesome, the best yet from all concerded, MH, a good assessment, c u down there Bas.

5Rugby......... Empty Re: Rugby......... Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:25 pm

DB

DB

Mike, I didn't know we wasn't tweeting, but I'm sure it will get sorted now you've mentioned it. Think there was only five players from last season playing last night & with only four games played it would seem logical to me to expect a lot more improvement.
MH "it could be a very interesting season"
Lets hope we avoid the play offs Laughing

6Rugby......... Empty Re: Rugby......... Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:35 am

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

188 attendance Shocked Question

really good performance all round, marred only by the very bad version of the riverdance on Lamar's back by Rugby bad boy Dominic Reece (who last season, so we were told by a couple of their fans, received a 6 month ban for pushing over a ref)

also well done Liz the fizz for soldiering on with a fractured knee cap

and just to add to the current interest/speculation/shit stirring, on the bench last night were Liz, 5 subs and Mark. Make of that what you will

7Rugby......... Empty Re: Rugby......... Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:41 pm

mrfish

No assistant manager either,we need a club statement pronto! Rolling Eyes

8Rugby......... Empty Re: Rugby......... Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:56 am

DB

DB

Chicken licken is in the house Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum