Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chalfont/Beaconsfield............

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:14 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

We cannot give teams three and four goal leads and expect to win games.... there just appears to be a lack of cohesiveness at the moment, probably for the last three games. There also doesn't appear to be a lot coming from the touchline in terms of direction........

Still it's early but we need to put it right, the Chalfont game was a good opportunity to progress in a competition where we could have made some decent money to help with the progression of the team.

2Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:19 pm

Very poor 1st halfs in each game - giving teams 3 and 4 goal starts are not the best of tactics. Very disapppointed - lack of leadership and people talking to each other.

3Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:58 am

MH

Four goals in the first five games was it, and now eight in the last two, aqnd not against the best sides either

Very worrying indeed, we have now lost the right back for a month, maybe 5, 6 games courtesy of red card playing Sunday morning football, aqnd if the goals were worrying them even more so surely is the manner in which we have let them in

I usded the word naive against Beaconsfield, well lets extend that naivity into the FA Cup, and it has to stop before the youngsters heads go down even more

Some are already hiding during matches, some are already walking away on the pitch itself woorse very quickly as well from their responsibility, either collective or individual as whilst alarm blees aren't ringing yet they are certainly ready to be chimed and everyone, bar just a couple of exceptions need to up their game from management to the substitutes

4Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:02 am

Imp

Seems that the Chalfont reporter doesn't know which team they were playing! Surprised Embarassed

http://www.chalfontstpeterafc.co.uk/

5Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:04 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

was Danny suspended for Chalfont? we were told he was injured

6Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:39 pm

DB

DB

We need to decide where are strengths are & play to them, seems to me the management think we are good in the air going forward, perhaps one of them should come & stand on the 18 yrd line & watch the sh*t I'm watching! All I can say is it MUST be a very different view from the dug out.

7Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:44 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Although I have been a little critical over the past couple of weeks I actually generally like the look of the team I just think it needs direction from the bench (BBB) that is all apart from Simon Martin, sorry but I don't think he's really very good. He's not quick, not great in the air and is more reactive than Pro active when playing. And hoofing the ball up there is a complete waste of time

8Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:50 pm

MH

mikefarquharson wrote:was Danny suspended for Chalfont? we were told he was injured

Think you'll find hes suspended for a month, courtesy of the rather draconian punishment handed to him by the county FA for a Sunday morning Red Card

Huge blow is that Sad

9Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Imp

Thats the trouble with local park football, the punishments are often in complete contrast to semi pro teams. Bans are always for a period of time (which can be a bonus in a cold winter if games are postponed) rather than a number of games. Of course, suspensions for park football affect semi pro players playing for their Saturday teams, but I'm not sure the same applies the other way round.

Thats one of the reasons managers at this level don't like their players playing on Sundays - and Mark Eaton is one of them!

10Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:07 pm

MH

DB wrote:We need to decide where are strengths are & play to them, seems to me the management think we are good in the air going forward, perhaps one of them should come & stand on the 18 yrd line & watch the sh*t I'm watching! All I can say is it MUST be a very different view from the dug out.

We do have some very talented youngsters thats for sure, and as I said pre season the test for them will be when adversity comes knocking.

Well not only is it knocking it's ringing the bloody door bell, and I am afraid some are already showing signs of real capitulation

But their ages could turn out to be their biggest strength, they are willing, pacey, strong, and one assumes fitter than most, and whilst it may be coincidental how many games this season already have we seen better second half performances than in the first?

But they are oh so naive, they midfield whilst individually very talented need to gell, they aren't. The wide lads like Gareth last year do not ppear to see and appreciate whats going on around them, and whilst exciting to watch they give the ball away too cheaply and release too slowly. But that will come, they are only kids and I think it would be so harsh to be overly critical....they need guidance, but someone has to point out that when defending they have to tuck in, no team can remotely begin to defend even half properly when their two wingers are hugging the touch line, it leaves gaping holes in the middle of the park and my word hasn't that been expolited in the last three games?

We will struggle to keep hold of Danny, he is that good, though I do nrather feel he is destined for the right wing
Jeanmal has improved leaps and bounds but especially now, he needs direction and guidance.
Keiron too, I think he will be a great player at this level and above but his naivity and positioning needs addressing, but that can only be done by those steering him.
Ben and Meady are as accomplished defenders you will get at this level and Stefan Moore apart (who at a grand a week should be head and shoulders above everyone)we have the best centr forward in the league by a country mile

But that is there strong points as individuals, collectively as a team, strong points certainly since the game at Rugby when they played proper football offensively and in defence have been almost non existent, and I am sorry that is a coaching issue I am afraid

11Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:12 pm

MH

mikefarquharson wrote:Although I have been a little critical over the past couple of weeks I actually generally like the look of the team I just think it needs direction from the bench (BBB) that is all apart from Simon Martin, sorry but I don't think he's really very good. He's not quick, not great in the air and is more reactive than Pro active when playing. And hoofing the ball up there is a complete waste of time

Thats my point Mike, individually there is some very exciting prospects in our line up, but direction, guidance and leadership can all be improved and Matt, as lovely a guy as everyone tells me he is, certainly verbally appears to offer nothing. Not that I can hear anyway, though that said I guess in private on a one to one he could possibly be helping Mark out a lot

But you are right something is missing

12Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:01 pm

DB

DB

I feel that's a bit unfair having a pop at Matt, he's really only been the assistant manager for 2 or 3 weeks since the departure of Alan. While I will agree the bench is very quiet is it solely his job to shout directions?

"But you are right something is missing"
yes its 3pm to 3.30pm Laughing

13Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:09 pm

MH

DB wrote:I feel that's a bit unfair having a pop at Matt, he's really only been the assistant manager for 2 or 3 weeks since the departure of Alan. While I will agree the bench is very quiet is it solely his job to shout directions?

"But you are right something is missing"
yes its 3pm to 3.30pm Laughing

Not quite sure how that is having a pop at Matt, nor to be fair can I work out what allowance you give anyone because they havent been there long. I can watch a game for 30 minutes, in some cases bloody five minutes and see things wrong and if he Marks assistant wouldn't you expect the same?

Maybe he does, maybe he and mark dont think much is wrong and that we are playing to our potentioal. I dont think they do btw and in my defence I actually also said in private, or on a one to one he might offer Mark a lot

I dont know the man so am certainly not going to get on his case, but football is emotive and if you see something wrong collectively as a tactic or pattern of play or alternatively what a player may be doing wrong, you have tyo let them know immediately and you csant do that without giving instructions.

You cant wait until you reach the sanctuary of the drssing room...can you

14Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:42 pm

mrfish

BAD news about our full back he will be missed,couple that with Ben being out we look very short at the back.Then add that to the loss of the man who used to stand in the technical area telling our team the next move for the full 90 mins.All thats left to say is Bring Back Biley.Yes you are right Mike we were told our full back was injured.Another falsehood told! Suspect

15Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Empty Re: Chalfont/Beaconsfield............ Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:53 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

As I said in the three games since Biley left we have looked all at sea, one we won although having been there I have no idea how and the other two we were pretty heavily defeated albeit with better second half performances. Let's see what occurs on Saturday....................................

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum