Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Website not being updated

+3
Lab
Imp
mikefarquharson
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Website not being updated Empty Website not being updated Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:30 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

What's happening with the website? It's not being updated, the match centre and live scores isn't being updated and even the details of yesterday's game isn't posted. It's a valuable marketing tool and that's how we need to use it

2Website not being updated Empty Re: Website not being updated Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:37 am

mikefarquharson wrote:What's happening with the website? It's not being updated, the match centre and live scores isn't being updated and even the details of yesterday's game isn't posted. It's a valuable marketing tool and that's how we need to use it

Down for maintenence?

3Website not being updated Empty Re: Website not being updated Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:19 am

Imp

If thats the case, a message on here to explain would have been nice!

4Website not being updated Empty Re: Website not being updated Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:42 am

Lab

Isnt the webmaster a Mark Eaton man? ...

5Website not being updated Empty Re: Website not being updated Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Imp

phantom wrote:Isnt the webmaster a Mark Eaton man? ...
I did wonder. Might explain why things have slowed down since the manager left.

6Website not being updated Empty Re: Website not being updated Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:44 pm

DB

DB

"It's a valuable marketing tool and that's how we need to use it" Your spot on Mike, I have a few favourite club sites that I look on for imfo & if I'm doing it, I guess everyone else is. It could be much worse though, how would you feel if you supported SYCOB http://beaconsfieldsycobfc.com/ ..... Shocked

7Website not being updated Empty Re: Website not being updated Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Webby

Webby
Admin

The website is not down for maintenance. It wasn't updated all last week until Saturday as I was on holiday. Live score is a bonus feature on our website that many clubs of our level can only dream of. When I'm unable to update the official website or twitter with live score updates there is @AylesburyFCLive set up for April to update. I couldn't provide a live score service last Saturday as I didn't get back from holiday until the early hours of Sunday morning. Therefore I was catching up on sleep. Yesterday I didn't attend as Friday night was a late one. I didn't get in from MK until 4am as it was a colleague's leaving doo. And yes, Mark Eaton brought me into the club but I haven't left with him. It just unfortunate that my social life has had an effect on website activity in recent weeks. I apologise on any inconvenience caused.

P.S. I'm not attending Tuesday night's replay so the chances are that there will be no live score service available.

http://www.ashleybdesign.co.uk

8Website not being updated Empty Re: Website not being updated Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:13 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

whoops, my bad! Embarassed
Sorry but I was a little occupied on Saturday to do the live updates, I will however be tweeting on Tuesday as I will be at the game. It may be an idea if someone else could offer to do the live updates at a home game if Webby is not available. I think the twins could have some fun with that one! Very Happy

9Website not being updated Empty Re: Website not being updated Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:16 pm

a voice in the crowd wrote:whoops, my bad! Embarassed
Sorry but I was a little occupied on Saturday to do the live updates, I will however be tweeting on Tuesday as I will be at the game. It may be an idea if someone else could offer to do the live updates at a home game if Webby is not available. I think the twins could have some fun with that one! Very Happy

No dramas, Mike would love that job, his phone pings like a U boat all through the match anyway as he checks to see the Quacks' score

10Website not being updated Empty Re: Website not being updated Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:16 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Webby it really wsnlt a criticism of you in any way at all I think you do an excellent job and the web loooks great but perhaps when you are away someone else could doa stopgap job? I am happy to do that if it helps

11Website not being updated Empty Re: Website not being updated Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:59 am

Webby

Webby
Admin

Thanks Mike. As I said I Facebook, unfortunately we do not have the facilities to allow anyone else to update the website.

12Website not being updated Empty Re: Website not being updated Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:11 am

I am willing to help in whatever way I can, certainly Saturday home games

13Website not being updated Empty Re: Website not being updated Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:22 am

Webby

Webby
Admin

Thanks TT. Maybe you could speak to Danny about how you can help. I believe we still haven't found a match reporter. You could maybe double-up with April on the Twitter updates.

14Website not being updated Empty Re: Website not being updated Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:32 pm

mrfish

Myself and Mrs Fish have offered to help many times in the past, it falls on deaf ears and given up offering to help now Neutral

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum