Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

The next game

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The next game Empty The next game Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:04 pm

mrfish

The next game is against Marlow who are at the bottom of the table,if we do not pick 3 points up then we are in the s--t for the rest of the season unless something drastic changes.The Fish family will endeaver to get to that game Smile

2The next game Empty Re: The next game Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:49 pm

Imp

Could it be make or break for the management?

3The next game Empty Re: The next game Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:08 pm

DB

DB

Imp wrote:Could it be make or break for the management?

Not for me, Steve's a new manager learning his trade on what looks like a greatly reduced budget & trying to use local players. We played some lovely football at Biggleswade & bossed the game for long periods, the ref & his blinkered assistants played like they were on the waders payroll. If it wasn't for bad luck we would have no luck.
player news; Faulkner has gone & k's out for a while with a dislocated shoulder.

4The next game Empty Re: The next game Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:03 pm

That's as may be but what about the numerous spankings I have witnessed over the past couple of months where there has been no excuse. Yesterday was the 1st game I have missed for ages but to me 4-1 does not sound unlucky.

5The next game Empty Re: The next game Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:53 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

So Faulks got an extra 10 quid somewhere else why do clubs never learn!!!!!

6The next game Empty Re: The next game Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:07 pm

DB

DB

They went ahead against the run of play whilst King was laying on the floor in their half with an injury, the ball coming in from his right back position, their 2nd goal was a foul that everyone in the ground could see except for the MIB's, on two occasions when Simpson was clear the ref pulled it back instead of playing the advantage, we hit the bar, the upright & in an off the ball incident inside the area Welch was dragged to the floor by his shirt, they killed the game in the 84 minute, but we were very much in it until then, in fact we were getting ready to sing 2-0 & you f**ked it up! Lucky old Biggleswade indeed!

And to add a bit more bad luck to the squad Ashley Smith, coming back from that pre-season break has seriously damaged his right knee this afternoon in a cup game at the Way. Good luck with that Ash.

And I thought Faulks was a gamble worth trying too Sad

7The next game Empty Re: The next game Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:25 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Faulks highlights to me that there is no long term plan, no joined up thinking, it's being made up on the hoof!!!!! As has been said a manager with zero experience!

8The next game Empty Re: The next game Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:49 pm

DB

DB

No long term plan, no joined up thinking, I'm not sure what you mean Mike?

9The next game Empty Re: The next game Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:07 pm

Imp

Probably referring to the revolving door policy for players this year. I wouldn't like to guesstimate how many have played this year. Even some of the players that have been brought in recently have been found wanting or decided to leave. How many of the recent signings are "local lads"?

10The next game Empty Re: The next game Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:45 pm

DB

DB

I think that Steve should be praised for trying lots of local lads before looking elsewhere, if some of them are not quite ready for 1st team this season whats the bloke to do? Yesterdays squad had 6 out of 15 Aylesbury lads, isn't that almost half Exclamation

11The next game Empty Re: The next game Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:25 pm

I know the club want locals playing for them but I would rather see lads from wherever playing in the Southrn League than locals in the Spartan League

12The next game Empty Re: The next game Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:43 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Agreed and I don't want a Manager learning his trade if we get relegated!

13The next game Empty Re: The next game Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:08 am

Imp

DB wrote:I think that Steve should be praised for trying lots of local lads before looking elsewhere, if some of them are not quite ready for 1st team this season whats the bloke to do? Yesterdays squad had 6 out of 15 Aylesbury lads, isn't that almost half Exclamation

How many of the players that have been brought in have been "local lads". I suppose it depends how you define "local", but from what I have seen, all the transfers in have been players who live outside the Aylesbury area. Probably a sign that there just isn't enough local talent to sustain football at Southern League level.

14The next game Empty Re: The next game Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:21 pm

DB

DB

"I know the club want locals playing for them but I would rather see lads from wherever playing in the Southrn League than locals in the Spartan League"

"Agreed and I don't want a Manager learning his trade if we get relegated!"

I'm in total agreement with both of you as I'm sure everyone is.
Lets look at it from a different angle then, we have 22 points how many more will be needed to keep us up ?
In the last 5 seasons points needed to stay out of the bottom two were,
6/7 38 points
7/8 19
8/9 24
9/10 29
10/11 37
11/12 Question

15The next game Empty Re: The next game Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:51 pm

So from the next 22 games our target is around 5 or 6 wins? To be honest I think that is:

1) unacceptable
2) based on current form, very unlikely

16The next game Empty Re: The next game Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:38 am

DB

DB

2) based on current form, very unlikely

11 points from 11 league games, not setting the league alight I'll agree, but I'm sure his stats will get better & if they don't 44 points should be enough.

17The next game Empty Re: The next game Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:29 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

or 3points from 7 games (3 from a poss 21) statistics can be made to say anything. Bottom line is it's worse now than under Eaton.

18The next game Empty Re: The next game Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:13 am

Mark Eaton

Worse than under Eaton? Odd comment Mike was winning league titles and cups, challenging at the top end of the Southern League, playing League one sides, having the FA cup down at Haywood and achieving one of the best records of any club in the whole of non league football in that period really that bad?

19The next game Empty Re: The next game Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:57 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Mark, that was my point! Perhaps it was worded incorrectly but the point is since you left we have gone backwards in a big way!!

20The next game Empty Re: The next game Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:32 am

DB

DB

You got away with that comment once this month Mike, Marks not letting you get away with it again Laughing

21The next game Empty Re: The next game Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:07 pm

mikefarquharson wrote:statistics can be made to say anything.

Agree Mike, 75% of people know that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum