Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

So who would we like to see back from last year......

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

I guess most players are non contract and at this level there wil be plenty of movement during the summer, as there was during the season!!!! However generally I think we had a really strong group pf players and I'd love to see the like of Rhys, Jammers, Gracey, Ben, Kingy, the Lamar's, Barney, Dave Brown, obv Craig and perhaps Hauley as a start? anyone else?

We need a new centre back as I heard that Andy Gunn has gone to play for Oxford City. Agree with most of your suggestions: think we need a goal scorer desperately, I want to cheer on a decent goals corer . Been a while since we had a hero!

DB

DB

With Craig's ideas the likes of Parsons, Blakey could fit in very well, return of Faulkner as a forward ?
"I want to cheer on a decent goals corer "
I want to cheer someone that makes assists for our already decent goalscorers

Who do you see as great goalscorers? Yet to be convinced, Sonny seemed the only chap last year to have a dig

DB

DB

I'm sorry but we have struggled to create regular goalscoring chances since Gareth went to Arsley. Promotion season Henners ended up with 54 but we were having 10+ shots on goal a game(sometimes nearer 20). Ricky made his own goals & Sonny really should have been pushing double figures from shots from the "D" for the season instead of what 2/3 ?
Who do I see as a great goalscorer? someone that gets given 3/4 decent chances & puts 1 away nearly every game. I think both Craig & Brian could manage that.

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

I'd like to see Henney back I agree, very pacey and when he and Nathan were upfront they used to frighten all defences with their speed

DB wrote:I'm sorry but we have struggled to create regular goalscoring chances since Gareth went to Arsley.

Always cut a very disconsulate, unhappy figure desperately lacking in confidence in my opinion. Better than we have had for the past couple of seasons but hardly the Chris Waddlesque figure many remember him to be.

DB

DB

Pro Bonuf of Urbs brought me to the Club, Gareth kept me here.(& quite a few others,some fans never came back once he left)He was the reason I stand where I do, 150 hrs watching him must equate to almost 6 days solid! His stats must read something like p 115 goals 20 assists 50+ & 2 or 3 goals direct from corners. He didn't like winter pitches, wasn't the greatest at tracking back, didn't like a tackle & got berated by the management all winter & left in Feb. It was no wonder he ended up like this "Always cut a very disconsulate, unhappy figure desperately lacking in confidence in my opinion"
Maybe someone from Bedford could give us an opinion
I never rated Waddle !cheers

Aylesburybornandbred

Linton Goss is a quality young player. On the books of MK Dons since age 9 and released only after the world cup bid failed (M K Dons were expecting to be a host stadium). Picked up by Barnet FC but unable to get there every day. I understand he's currently being watched by QPR. I reckon if Aylesbury give him regular games he'll score plenty of goals.

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Aylesburybornandbred wrote:Linton Goss is a quality young player. On the books of MK Dons since age 9 and released only after the world cup bid failed (M K Dons were expecting to be a host stadium). Picked up by Barnet FC but unable to get there every day. I understand he's currently being watched by QPR. I reckon if Aylesbury give him regular games he'll score plenty of goals.

Yes I've heard about Linton and he is a very good young player, I'm sure if Linton contacted the club they would be interested in him.

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

meanmachine100 wrote:
Aylesburybornandbred wrote:Linton Goss is a quality young player. On the books of MK Dons since age 9 and released only after the world cup bid failed (M K Dons were expecting to be a host stadium). Picked up by Barnet FC but unable to get there every day. I understand he's currently being watched by QPR. I reckon if Aylesbury give him regular games he'll score plenty of goals.

Yes I've heard about Linton and he is a very good young player, I'm sure if Linton contacted the club they would be interested in him.

And so says the non league messiah Rolling Eyes pirat

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

pirat pirat

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

No doubt our Internet warrior has been looking at lintons stats. I can tell you meanie he's quality but no better than we have trained him myself years ago

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Bert it's all about having contacts in youth and adult football. And watching matches. At all levels.

DB

DB

No flies on you ,ay Meanie Laughing
Lynton had a 3 or 4 game run around xmas time & unfortunately didn't make the most of his opportunity, hopefully he will stick around work hard & take Craig at his word. There's the gauntlet for him cheers

CF~ "we have a strong youth team, with players busting to make themselves known, I will not stand in a youth team players’ way who shows me more than a player I have in my first team, competition needs to be strong and players must feel the breath of someone who wants their shirt"

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

DB wrote:No flies on you ,ay Meanie Laughing
Lynton had a 3 or 4 game run around xmas time & unfortunately didn't make the most of his opportunity, hopefully he will stick around work hard & take Craig at his word. There's the gauntlet for him cheers

CF~ "we have a strong youth team, with players busting to make themselves known, I will not stand in a youth team players’ way who shows me more than a player I have in my first team, competition needs to be strong and players must feel the breath of someone who wants their shirt"

Thanks DB for backing me up. He was good enough to trial for FC so I was right. Watch your counting DB you will have Bert after you. lol! lol!

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

First off its Linton not lynton as he will tell you. As for the counting it's just you m and m thats short in that dept. I still think we will be going over old ground lets see some new talent pirat

DB

DB

"lets see some new talent"
But who Question We are all waiting very patiently, quite a lot of clubs are naming signings left right & centre. Seems that Craig is keeping his cards close to his chest(nothing wrong with that mind) Any ideas from anyone, any rumours, anyone want to make one up Laughing

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Nathan Graham

Not sure really. Most of the posters on here only know their teammates who play in the same youth team.

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

I assume you aren't including me pirat

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Or me pirat pirat afro afro lol! lol! lol!

Controversial but Ricky Miller could be a good signing for us. Oh and could we convince Andy Gunn to come back?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum