Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnham defeat

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Burnham defeat Empty Burnham defeat Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:12 pm

Very disjointed effort tonight. Passes going astray, little appettite for tackles and until the addition of Faulkner a lack of punch up front.

Plus points for me were Wayne O'Sullivan who didnt stop running all night and James Faulkner who added a bit of fight and battle into the attack. Otherwise not a great deal I'm afraid.

2Burnham defeat Empty Re: Burnham defeat Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:51 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Can't find anything positive to say about tonight other than Faulkner, Sully and Ben until he went off.

3Burnham defeat Empty Re: Burnham defeat Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:32 am

DB

DB

Thought we started brightly & were in with a chance till the 2nd half. Faulkner was my pick of the players, he made himself two very good chances & on another day could have converted both, Collard did alright didn't he? I don't think I usually pick on players but one of them so far is standing out like a sore thumb to me as not being up to task, surely we have someone better in the squad, reserves or the u18's ?
From todays BH ~Falconbridge said the players would need time to gel after introducing seven new players to the squad over the summer.
Fair comment.

4Burnham defeat Empty Re: Burnham defeat Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Imp

DB wrote:
From todays BH ~Falconbridge said the players would need time to gel after introducing seven new players to the squad over the summer.
Fair comment.

That's a comment from a manager who is feling the pressure already! Isn't that what pre-season is for? Question

5Burnham defeat Empty Re: Burnham defeat Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:02 pm

DB

DB

"That's a comment from a manager who is feling the pressure already! Isn't that what pre-season is for?"

That's a comment from a manager who is telling the truth !
And as for pre-season, go ask Sir Alex & some of the Premiership boys first, they might know a bit more about it Laughing

6Burnham defeat Empty Re: Burnham defeat Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Imp

No, you use pre-season to integrate new players into the team, and experiment (a little) with possible new tactics, so that by the time the first whistle blows the team is ready to hit the floor running. Points lost early in the season can come back to haunt when its squeaky bum time! Exclamation

7Burnham defeat Empty Re: Burnham defeat Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:30 pm

DB

DB

I totally agree Imp, lets hope Slough bum out again, I think the Club will be ready for the next level by the summer. cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum