Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Today v Burnham

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Today v Burnham Empty Today v Burnham Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:22 am

DB

DB

A game at last, lets hope the lads are chomping at the bit at 3pm..not half past! Burnham haven't had a great start in the league, 7 points from 8 games BUT 6 of them points have come away from home, they have scored 8 goals & let in 14, although they are still in the FACup beating Ashford & then Chalfont, their leading goalscorer is Ashley Smith with 4. Craig Henney,(3 starts) Ed Chemlal(5) are former AFC players so lets hope should they play they have poor games. I believe Ryan Bird to be one of their star men. Last season at the Way I think they played 3 at the back against us.

Martin Stone has added to his squad with the signing of 22 year old Alex Duffy from Conference South side Staines Town. Alex is added to the squad for the visit to Aylesbury on Saturday.

Bertie has scored a hat-trick & a brace in recent games for the CL team, surely that's enough for a least a bench place isn't it? With the absence of Ricky maybe he will get a start with Lamar joining Simon up top.
COYM cheers

2Today v Burnham Empty Re: Today v Burnham Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:51 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

the result 3-4 makes it sound like a close exciting game. it wasn't we were well beaten and although actually we could have come away with a point in the last few minutes we wouldn't have deserved it. Positives today, Kev Mealor, Kieran, surprisingly Bertie and lamar outside of that not very good. The sooner the new manager gets in the better. no one will tell me we wouldn't have been better off with Danilson rather than Martin, he puts in a shift that I will give him but so would I and i know I am not good enough!!!!

3Today v Burnham Empty Re: Today v Burnham Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Although we have conceded many goals recently, it has been against teams that at least looked half interested. Burnham today however were very poor themselves and even then we get slapped.

We are so poor in front of goal, it's embarrassing. There must have been four good chances to equalise in last 10 minutes including one gilt-edged chance that was far more difficult to plant straight at the keeper than score yet it was missed.

I thought Kieron didn't stop working and Bertie had his best game yet but one or two other exceptions, there was a lack of ideas, know how and general nouse. A very disappointing afternoon, bring on the new manager, he can't start soon enough!

4Today v Burnham Empty Re: Today v Burnham Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:54 pm

TM

Dont worry keep the faith.. they are just lacking in confidence at the moment and are a little scared of making a mistake, so they go missing and hide on the pitch.. its a young side that will learn but just need a little guidence and support, so they can get on and play their natural game
Maybe the new man will bring some fresh ideas and bit of that passion and desire that i keep harping on about. It served me well many a time.. well most of the time anyway.. when i wasnt sent off to the stands lol!

5Today v Burnham Empty Re: Today v Burnham Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:01 pm

DB

DB

I gotta say the 4-5-1(starburst) or 4-3-3 depending on who you talk to didn't work(& the only time I recall it working was at Woodford last season) When we reverted to the 4-4-2 (last 20mins) with Simpsons pace up front(have I mentioned that I think he's a striker before?) we looked dangerous going forward, Burnham even changed formation to try to counter act it. Bertie played well & I'm really pleased for him, lets hope he can hold down that position.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum