Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

If we need new players, what positions?

+5
mrfish
DB
Will afc
mikefarquharson
JMTM
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1If we need new players, what positions? Empty If we need new players, what positions? Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:40 pm

JMTM

Hi all, new member. First game was at Royston as have only recently moved to Aylesbury. Enjoyed it and felt 'we' were unlucky to lose.. Especially 3-0! Seemed like a team low on confidence as weren't committing many forward when had the chance to and then, obviously, as soon as conceded one goal heads dropped and two went in quick time.

Anyway, I don't mean to bring negativity but there's all talk of new management and new players so wondered what people's thoughts were regarding whether there's a need for new players and if so, in what positions? It's of course just subjective but it's fun to speculate and adds to my education about the club.

Cheers all!

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Good morning and great to have a new face around! come and say hello Sat if you are at the Chalfont game. I do the tannoy and Jools who also appears on here does the Match Reports. Will and the Drummer boys you'll hear LOL bar's open before the game so maybe see you in there. Mike

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Very Happy That didn't answer your question though!!!! Waiting on confirmed player news but I think it;s been obvious for weeks that we need help for Gareth up front and also more depth in the squad!

Will afc

Hi
Glad you seen what a fantastic little club afc is and hope to see you down ,
Agree the confidence of the lads is bad at the moment , in last few weeks we have conceded a lot of late silly goals ,

Personally i would have a look out there for a left back as the goals we have been conceding majority are coming from that area of the pitch, think having a natural sided left back will help out a lot alout as lee grant who's playing left back now Is a centre back and gets sucked in to much,
The other position we our crying out for is a striker , that's been obvious since pre season, I think if we can get a poacher striker then we will have a decent squad once morale better within the squad,

Would like the club to release a statement about what's happening regarding management of first team,

I think what this club needs is attacking midfielders, just in case one or two of the current ones get injured

Will afc

Is it true Fredrico left us to go to Dunstable ?

DB

DB

Jools Thomas wrote:I think what this club needs is attacking midfielders, just in case one or two of the current ones get injured
Laughing Laughing 
Everyone agrees we need a forward, Will wants a poacher and I want a target man. Looks like George House has left, gonna miss his goals Embarassed Hope Freddie hasn't gone, but if he has maybe we could go crazy and get two forwards Cool

Will afc

DB

I'd take any striker to be honest , target man , poacher , as long as he can can score goals , If we don't get a striker I'll have to get my boots back on ,

JMTM

Nice plug Mike!

Do you guys think the club needs a striker to start with/instead of Price? When I watched I thought he was very average and had a poor attitude (often offside and poor body language when a pass didn't come off) but don't know if it was just frustration from lack of supply.. However when things aren't going your way sometimes have to take the game by its danglies yourself. Although I've heard that on his day this guy can be unplayable?

The blonde AM/CF playing the Royston game looked quite good, most went through him so guess if can get someone to work alongside him then won't be so predictable.

Agree about full backs, there wasn't much over lapping going on to create 2 on 1 scenarios and when the LB went up he didn't seem to get back quickly and the LW was having to drop in a lot, although did this well I thought. He was also great at dead ball situations! We were unlucky not to score from our corners.

Will afc

Pricey on his day is best player on the pitch we don't see that to often I'm afraid, can be very frustrating to watch ,

Personally I'd get a striker in and put price back out on the wing where he seems more happy to play,

The blond Amc is sunny French , he's a fans favourite , and he certainly knows where the goal is , terrific player who last few seasons certainly been one of our top goal scorers,

The full backs issue can be addressed through concentrating on training on these issues ,

JMTM

What makes him so inconsistent? One for the coaches out there but would subbing him earlier if not performing go some way to addressing only 'turning up' when wants to? Or do we live in hope of a glimpse of what's possible and hope it ends in a goal? Guess it also comes back to the squad depth issue.

Will afc

Correct , no squad depth at the moment , I'm praying that will change soon though

mrfish

Hi, JMTM good to have a new face at the ground and another opinion on the MB, as thats what its all about,be good to see you at the chalfont game,pop up to the tbar as we are back in action with kebab meat and chips on saturday

JMTM

Will hope to get to the game, working away next 6 weeks but should be back weekends.

Just looked at squad online as an earlier post said had CB playing LB vs Royston and saw that the RB from that game is actually a CM (Alex Kedzierski) and the LW (Matt Hall) is actually a LB. Is that correct? He the only natural full back?

So if signed a new striker could push price out to left wing and hall to left back?

coach

coach

Good to hear a new face to the club..most definite a striker ..move pricey out wide..we do have a left back in Matt hall but playing out of position so our other need is midfield and generally increase our numbers in the squad.Looks like jt on his way as well..not played for awhile and not answering his phone.

Wignut

Kevin is not a striker and has never been a striker, he has always played left mid or left back, he has been playing centre forward in a poor league. There is nothing to get excited about. Isee this move as a step backward for the club, i saw a comment from jools about the Chalfont st peters team being half of our old squad and the quility isnt there. Kevin is not better than any of those players.

Aston by the way is a great signing, will play left wing, good with both feet and works very hard.

with this mangement team i cant see us going forward at all, we need a new face with a new set of ideas, and player contacts which clearly our managment team dont have.

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Wignut you appear to know a lot about everything why not apply for the role?

Will afc

Lol , Wink

Wignut

Mike you agree with what I'm saying then! I'm a football person and enjoy watching my local team. But I don't enjoy the crap I've been watching, we need a manager with experience at the above level, player knowledge,

And mike how do you know I already haven't?

Still no striker signed I note, last player I would call a decent proven striker was Ricky Miller and how long ago was that? Brian Haule, Simon Martin, Leon Osei, the Wardrobe etc none of them reliable.

Will afc

I very much doubt we will sign a striker of Ricky miller quality for a long time ,

Russ17

Striker desperately needed. Put Gareth back out wide right; his natural position, Aston on the left and get someone in to be in the middle. Trouble is, and what people are quick to forget is that it's ££££££££££££ everyone's keen to say we need a striker but no one is as keen to help raise money for the club to get one.

Will afc

Russ everyone saying what blatenly obvious , doesn't mean we will get one , there quality strikers out there who get paid a hell of a lot of money in non league and flop as well ,

24If we need new players, what positions? Empty Re: If we need new players, what positions? Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:00 am

Russ17

All I'm saying is that I thinks it's blatantly obvious that we need an injection of finance before we can get someone in worthwhile, and for the long term. Always seems like we get someone in who is a short term fix. We need another Craig Henney 50+ goals a season on all comps. But again, costs money that we haven't got.

25If we need new players, what positions? Empty Re: If we need new players, what positions? Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:24 am

Will afc

Could always do what Macclesfield done , they found a local business willing to pay weekly wage of a striker and in return they got mention in all match reports , free advertising board at the ground , there company logo on players shorts , and page in program , basically free advertising in return for money to pay wages for good striker

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum