Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

That merger question.....

+8
mrfish
groundhog
brownie
Lab
Thorny-D
Old Plumb
DB
Imp
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26That merger question..... - Page 2 Empty Re: That merger question..... Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:02 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

I think it is :-)

27That merger question..... - Page 2 Empty Re: That merger question..... Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:10 pm

DETD

Well all I've got to go on is an incorrect understanding of merger rules and an incorrect spelling of the Owner's name. Guess we'll wait and see what happens.

28That merger question..... - Page 2 Empty Re: That merger question..... Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:57 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

DETD wrote:Well all I've got to go on is an incorrect understanding of merger rules and an incorrect spelling of the Owner's name. Guess we'll wait and see what happens.

Considering (from what I've heard) the vote at the meeting AUFC had on tuesday was a resounding No, I'm pretty certain that any merger talk is dead and buried, for the remainder of this season at least.

29That merger question..... - Page 2 Empty Re: That merger question..... Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Leon

Leon

mikefarquharson wrote:Leon

I don't think suggesting that if we meger AFC would have to drop to AUFC level is libellous, however you may tell me I'm wrong on that and I am Libelling you :-) BUT all good news because when we merge (and we will) AFC can keep their current status - excellent!!!

by the way haven't seen you down Haywards Way for a while? next season perhaps.

As DETD spotted, I was of course talking about the nonsense he spouts regarding Mr Read. I know Mr Fish to be a good bloke, but if you really believe that he has any inside knowledge or that he isn't holding some kind of personal grudge in this instance, then more fool you Mike. Although I suspect it's just the Chicken Runner in you trying, and perhaps succeeding in 'fishing' me... Suspect

Forgive my pedantry, but where is this 'Haywards' Way that you speak of? Has it been renamed after Matty? scratch

30That merger question..... - Page 2 Empty Re: That merger question..... Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Leon wrote:
Forgive my pedantry, but where is this 'Haywards' Way that you speak of? Has it been renamed after Matty? scratch

Speaking of spelling mistakes, I think you'll find it's 'HAYWOOD' way Wink

31That merger question..... - Page 2 Empty Re: That merger question..... Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:42 pm

DB

DB

but where is this 'Haywards' Way that you speak of?
Isn't it the turn before Bell End Close Laughing

32That merger question..... - Page 2 Empty Re: That merger question..... Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:00 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care.

33That merger question..... - Page 2 Empty Re: That merger question..... Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Leon

Leon

Thorny-D wrote:
Leon wrote:

Speaking of spelling mistakes, I think you'll find it's 'HAYWOOD' way Wink

That's kinda what I was getting at Thorny! Rolling Eyes

34That merger question..... - Page 2 Empty Re: That merger question..... Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:28 am

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

I've noticed a lot of messages within threads on the AUFC forum concerning the name of the club if they did eventually merge.

Seeing as that isn't going to happen anytime soon and a groundshare with AFC is highly unlikely, I hear that the vote for a new nickname for the 'Ducks' next season has boiled down to either the 'Nomads' or 'Pikeys' lol!

35That merger question..... - Page 2 Empty Re: That merger question..... Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:58 pm

mrfish

Hi Leon,hook line & sinker, well taken,but I still believe that in a straight forward merger a team has to drop too the lower team level. See you down Haywood way again next season as you will have nobody else to watch! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum