Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dunstable forum report

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dunstable forum report Empty Dunstable forum report Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:51 am

amerste

What a refreshing change to see some truthful but still with the tilt towards journalism in a match report from the opposition. If you have not read it yet log on to dunstables forum, Pipeman always gives a good idea of how a game went, good, bad or indefferent, but always supports his club.
It is such a shame we can't have the same kind of person on board with us at our new venture with Aylesbury FC. I'm sure the person who is writing the match reports at the moment is doing his utmost to keep every one informed to what is happening, but it's not working, without any disrespect to anyone, the writer is probably a supporter so is wrapped up in the game to see what is actualy going on to actualy write about it.
Please read both match reports then make comments. How about local Bucks Herald becoming involved, we are top of the league.

2Dunstable forum report Empty re dunstable Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:38 pm

brownie

brownie

Have read the report

and thought it a very fair one,but then again i did buy pipe man a beer lol

no it was very good and we should all be proud both on and off the pitch

bring on saturday lets see if we can master the next level up cheers cheers

3Dunstable forum report Empty Re: Dunstable forum report Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:25 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

amerste wrote: I'm sure the person who is writing the match reports at the moment is doing his utmost to keep every one informed to what is happening, but it's not working, without any disrespect to anyone, the writer is probably a supporter so is wrapped up in the game to see what is actualy going on to actualy write about it.

I appreciate your view on Aylesbury's match reports, but could you explain just how it "isn't working"?
Considering our new match reporter has only just finished reporting on his third EVER report, I think he is doing a great job, and has had nothing but praise for his efforts from both Club and fans alike.
I know him personally, and he has always strived to provide an informative and unbiased report for every match. If the reports seem to lean slightly in Aylesbury's favour, that's because it is Aylesbury's club, and nomatter how unbiased any home reporter tries to be, there will always be a hint of favouritism for the home team. That's to be expected anywhere.

In the past, The Bucks Herald/Advertiser have always shown favouritism towards Aylesbury United and have given very little, if any coverage in their newspapers to Aylesbury FC's games.
Until they realise that, there is now a great deal of support for Aylesbury FC, they are a very good side and the club have big plans and ambitions for the future, we depend on the local match reporter to keep the fans and the town in general informed.
We hope that this situation will change in the near future.

Like yourself, I don't want to make a big issue out of this, but please have some respect for our match reporter and the time and effort that he puts into doing it.
If you've ever compiled and written a match report before, surely you must realise just how tricky and time-consuming it can be, especially when doing it alongside a demanding full-time job.

4Dunstable forum report Empty Re: Dunstable forum report Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:09 am

amerste

AFCMAN as I stated I mean no disrespect, I was trying to outline the fact how difficult it is for a fan to watch and prepare a match report of the game. I watched the game and in the excitement of parts of the game I forget other parts of the game, and I for one would not attempt to write a report.
Did you compare Dunstables report? Now I believe Pipeman is a school teacher, so will be used to writing reports etc. I'm sure our match reporter would gladly hand over the reigns to someone who was more experienced, if they ever come along.
I take it that the Bucks Herald is one of them lazy papers that copies the report from the websites. Shame as looking around local clubs it seems the Bucks Examiner writes Chesham Utd match report

5Dunstable forum report Empty Re: Dunstable forum report Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:09 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

amerste wrote:AFCMAN as I stated I mean no disrespect, I was trying to outline the fact how difficult it is for a fan to watch and prepare a match report of the game. I watched the game and in the excitement of parts of the game I forget other parts of the game, and I for one would not attempt to write a report.
Did you compare Dunstables report? Now I believe Pipeman is a school teacher, so will be used to writing reports etc. I'm sure our match reporter would gladly hand over the reigns to someone who was more experienced, if they ever come along.
I take it that the Bucks Herald is one of them lazy papers that copies the report from the websites. Shame as looking around local clubs it seems the Bucks Examiner writes Chesham Utd match report

I have just re-read the Dunstable match report by Pipeman, and have to say, while it IS very detailed, it is FAR too long!
For match reports to end up in the Bucks Herald or any of it's sister 'papers, they have to be kept to a 250 word maximum or be edited down.
Pipeman's report was extremely myopic and would have been cut to shreds for it to appear in any local newspaper.
Perhaps now you can understand better why Aylesbury's match reporter has to keep to the facts and make the reports short, sweet and to the point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum