Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

CF's statement

+5
Wignut
mikefarquharson
Lab
DB
Imp
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1CF's statement  Empty CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:19 am

Thought there would be a few responses to Craig's statement tbh.

I think he is right to come out and say something. I think some of his comments are correct but many of the issues are linked to his decisions.

I think things may be clearer after tomorrow night.

2CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:36 am

Will afc

After reading Craig statement last night I was good to know how he felt about the season so far and that he can admit to making mistakes ,
I reckon he knows talk is cheap and that he will have to prove everything out on the pitch to win people back over ,
I am really intrigued as too who he will be keeping and who he wants to bring in, I will be there Tuesday getting behind the team because non of us wanna see this great little club getting spangled week in week out ,

3CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:51 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

I'll be there too Will! and as you say tomorrow will be interesting to see who is staying and who will come in. The only problem I see is that from Saturday to Tues is not a great deal of time to get a lot done but we we'll see.

4CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:26 am

Imp

Words of a man who knows he is fighting for his job I think. He knows this season's perfromances have been shockingly bad, aside from the one in Bedfordshire, which has given a feel of the King's new clothes to it, papering over the cracks of the deeper problems in the squad.

The amount of money that has been spent building the squad (and re-building already!) is not being reflected in results. One cup and one league win is not good enough.

Is the big man ready to wield the axe? Should he be?

5CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Wignut

I've kept quiet over the last few weeks as I agree a few of my last post my have been negative but now may have turned out to be correct. But a manager who doesn't know his best team and trying to bring in a whole host of players a few games in isn't a good manager this should of been done pre season I.e a striker, I've read post saying the Barton striker should come to us??? But why would he, he's top goal scorer in the league, Barton sitting near the top, and for an extra few quid why would he move to a bottom of a table side?? I know I wouldn't. Problem we have now is what players are going to want and come and play, only player who are playing in the lower leagues or players aren't getting a game where there playing which means there not good enough for the team there playing in. A change is needed now a new manager, new ideas and a new network of player knowledge which I've heard Craig lacks.. Also I have heard that Craig has now lost the changing room. I agree the player who don't work hard enough and are here for a quick payday need to go, but who honestly is going to come in and want to play for a bottom of a league team struggling regardless of money being offered. Change now before Craig offloads a load players and doesn't bring in the right quality and he gets the axe in 2/3 weeks time then it's all change again!!

6CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Chatty

Chatty

Surely with the Gaffa running this coaching academy, there must be knowledge somewhere about some reasonable players...?
Why not look more locally for players who you don't have to pay travelling expenses too, but give them a decent win bonus instead....!
Reward for honesty & hard work seems a better way forward than paying a player to travel 30-40 miles and when he gets on the pitch looks as if he cant be arsed...!!

7CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:18 pm

DB

DB

"Words of a man who knows he is fighting for his job I think."
Well done Imp, I think you win the "Stating the Bleeding Obvious Award " this week! Razz

8CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:58 pm

coach

coach

I was really shocked that craig has decided to stay after that inept performance on saturday and many before that.Really thought the board would put him out of his misery.He is the one that has put us in this mess..no one else.Why give him a second chance!

He has brought the players in..his tactics..his lack of knowledge in players that are available.

9CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Lab

coach wrote:I was really shocked that craig has decided to stay after that inept performance on saturday and many before that.Really thought the board would put him out of his misery.He is the one that has put us in this mess..no one else.Why give him a second chance!

He has brought the players in..his tactics..his lack of knowledge in players that are available.
Isn't he unsackable due to the academy setup?

10CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:36 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

The Academy is a completely seperate entity from the Football Club.

11CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:40 pm

coach

coach

Lab wrote:
coach wrote:I was really shocked that craig has decided to stay after that inept performance on saturday and many before that.Really thought the board would put him out of his misery.He is the one that has put us in this mess..no one else.Why give him a second chance!

Isn't he unsackable due to the academy setup?
Personally think it has a little impact on the decision but if craig did go sure the club would allow him to carry on with the academy as its good business to rent out facilities.

12CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:45 pm

coach

coach

I would give him 2/3 games max.If there are no signs of improvement which we havent seen this season already he should be gone..

He had last season to iron his problems out..New budget and still no better..new players and still no better..Has lost the players already..we could all see that on saturday..

13CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Chatty

Chatty

Whilst I'm not in favour of bawling players out in public, I would like to see some more passion from him on the touchline....

14CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Will afc

Yeah agree chatty , him standing there with his arms folded not saying nothing is not good management , he should be shouting encouragment to the players , and also shouting at players when they not plsying well,personally I hope Craig and the players all pull there fingers out now and right these so many wrongs

15CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Chatty

Chatty

Could do worse than look at the drummer boys to see what passion and teamwork is all about..!

16CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Will afc

Here here , we try Smile

Wonder if Craig tempted to play tomorrow night at the back with Ben ?

17CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Wignut

That would be the worst thing he could do because he isn't fit enough. I think if we do get a result tomorrow it will only be papering over the cracks as Leighton are a poor side and I would expect us to beat them just as much now as I did at the start of the season.

18CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:49 pm

coach

coach

Chatty wrote:Whilst I'm not in favour of bawling players out in public, I would like to see some more passion from him on the touchline....
agree..when u watch the matches there is nothing coming out of Craig..i.know we all show passion in different ways like wenger or Jose but at the moment there is nothing.

19CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:55 pm

Will afc

What would you do then coach if you was chairmen ?

20CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Will afc

I wonder if Craig got squad in tonight for training ?

21CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:44 pm

coach

coach

Will afc wrote:What would you do then coach if you was chairmen ?
would relieve him of his duties on Saturday!

22CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Chatty

Chatty

Interesting comment Will, might take more than an extra training session to fix this me thinks...!

23CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Will afc

Yeah I know chatty , just would of thought with what he says in statement yesterday he would wanna get all players in , have a open forum with all the players get everything off there chest and have training session working on defence , or am I just wish full thinking hmmm

24CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 pm

coach

coach

Will afc wrote:Yeah I know chatty , just would of thought with what he says in statement yesterday he would wanna get all players in , have a open forum with all the players get everything off there chest and have training session working on defence , or am I just wish full thinking hmmm
u would hope they are training tonight as they need to discuss team morale..get things off their chests and work on their defensive duties..would like to Craig in defence on Tuesday but would think he won't be match fit..

25CF's statement  Empty Re: CF's statement Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Lamar is a perfectly good CB. Team up with Lee Grant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum