Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Statement................

+3
DB
a voice in the crowd
mikefarquharson
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Statement................ Empty Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:29 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

What do people think?

"The club and the manager will not accept relegation as an option and we all feel that there is plenty of football to play and points to be won.

Our director of football Jon Franklin will be taking a more prevalent roll with the first team and over the past 24 hours a number of enquires have been made to strengthen the squad"

Suggests we are sticking with Manager with more assistance from others, although with the greatest respect I am not sure Jon has any more REAL WORLD experience at this level. It also suggests that that the continuing revolving door player policy will continue when I think that actually a decent striker would do the job along with managing and motivating the current players.

Not sure that the club see the problem that we have?

2Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:45 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

taken from the main website:
"With the recent poor run of results the committee will be meeting with the manager and players this Tuesday to put together a strategy together to maintain our league status.

The club and the manager will not accept relegation as an option and we all feel that there is plenty of football to play and points to be won.

Our director of football Jon Franklin will be taking a more prevalent roll with the first team and over the past 24 hours a number of enquires have been made to strengthen the squad."

The club will do everything in its power to keep us in this division and would ask for your patients and continual support, through what is a difficult playing period."

I have been quite tight lipped about this up until now, believing that either Steve would resign or the board would release him, but no. So now there are even more questions that need to be asked.
1. Why was a strategy not put in place when Mark left and then moreover when Steve took over the post, knowing he was inexperienced and definately not the choice of the fans. He could have walked out at any point.
2. Jon Franklin is the director of football, and therefore in my opinion he should already have a very prevelant role anyway. Why was Steve not getting his assistance before hand, and if in fact, he was, why hasn't it worked?
3. If, as it has been hinted, the players do not have any faith in Steve, and do not pay any attention to the half time team talk, what will make them change their attitude, are we going to give them an ultimatum? more players in and out
4. Relegation IS a very serious, and is looking to be a very likely option. Two teams WILL get relegated. The only thing as far as i can see at the moment that is not an option for those in charge, is sacking the manager. The only reason Mark went is because HE tendered his resignation.
5. Please could someone spell-check these things before they go on the page. With the exception of Liz the Fizz and Steve Hale, none of us to my knowledge are doctors, dentists or anything else from the medical profession, and therefore we are not able to provide any patients. Jon Franklin is going to take a roll (turkey or cheese?) Statements like this make us look like incompetent fools.........or should I say make us look even more.

Players and managers will come and go. I am genuinely gutted that Steve could not do the job, peeved that Greg opted out of being joint manager although he probably did because he saw all this coming and didn't want the grief, but mostly I am disappointed for the people who come to the matches and support the club week in week out, as they will ultimately be the ones that will suffer in all of this, all because no one wants to sack anyone. Mad

3Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:47 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

completely agree with everything said.

4Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 pm

DB

DB

He should have got the help he needed from the start, it's far too late now. Seems a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. Who has any faith in him? And more worrying in a couple of weeks who will have any faith in our Committee?(that's assuming that some of us still have at the moment)

Summing up then; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrZRrzfMF3o

5Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:42 pm

I'm not sure about this statement - 1st impressions are too little too late. Things were brought to a head v Fleet and Marlow and things should have been addressed and replacements made then. now w even the statement admits things could be too late.

But at least our complaints have been acknowledged

6Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:07 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

trimmtrab wrote:

But at least our complaints have been acknowledged

I don't know that it is a case of acknowledging our complaints, more like they have looked at the league table and done some sums. The calls of "Smithy out" have fallen on deaf ears, they have no intention of getting rid of him, they are going to do exactly what VAHT have done with Vale House, paint over it in the hope that all the crap will be forgotten.
20 games: 3 wins, 3 draws, 14 losses. 19 goals scored, 36 goals conceded, 2 clean sheets. 12 points out of a possible 51

7Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:23 pm

DB

DB

Two clean sheets in twenty, that's quite good. I hear Rugby are in a party mood, that was the first clean sheet they've managed in 23 games Rolling Eyes

8Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:36 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

This is just so wishy washy. What was needed was decisive action but really nothing changes and because of that neither will the results and in 8 or ten games time we'll make a change but by then it will be too late. There was one thing that was said in the statement that is true and that was that there are plenty of points to play for but based on the last 12 games we won't be bring many back to Haywoods Way!

9Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Right, had a think about it, too little too late.

Something more concrete or positive needs to be sorted out, powderpuff solution imao

10Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:26 pm

mrfish

Sounds like its going to be a try to paint over the cracks type of meeting tomorrow.Should have called a managerial meeting tonight and sorted it in the only way possible.Nice guy as Smith maybe he should not have any more involvement with the team.He done his best and failed,this is a results business. Mad

11Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:34 pm

number 1

what i cant understand here is why is there a meeting with the management AND the players, surely the manager has got to be the one carrying the can.

12Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:37 pm

number 1 wrote:what i cant understand here is why is there a meeting with the management AND the players, surely the manager has got to be the one carrying the can.

I'm a teacher and if my students are not passing exams due to my poor teaching, my boss doesn't call together a meeting with me and the students! Nothing to do with them, it's me who gets it in the neck.

13Statement................ Empty statement Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 pm

scooby24

i think just for a second you should all take a step back and realise what you are saying. i am a great believer in everyone having their own opioins but you have all taken this to the extreme. i understand that the football is bad at the moment but to blame and slag off the board and others is out of order i dont think you all realise how people work their arses off to keep that club going and if it wasnt for certain indiviuals there would be no club at all. the statement provided was very adequte for fans to read and you all should be happy that this statement was even done because i know of other clubs who would not give you half as much information as afc does.

i would like to see any of you on this forum step up to the mark and run a football team because i dont think any of you could.

14Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:07 pm

mrfish

Whilst we all agree without them that there would not be a football club in this town. Some of us have offered help many times and not had it taken up,we have now decided just too turn up,have a drink,and pay entrance.Then try to make our voices heard when needed

15Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:17 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

It's a results game and I'm not pretending I can manage a southern league football team. Frankly this is the first time this board as been as active. We care and we can see that this manager is not up to the job! The board do a great job but as Mr Fsh has said help has been offered and not really taken up so that's not our fault. All I want to do is go down on a Saturday or a Tuesday and watch a decent team competing , which, until the new Manager took over I did. Everyone can see this isn't working and what is being proposed just is a nothing decision. Steve Smith needs to go and we need a fresh start whist we still have enough games to stay up. Sorry but it's that simple.

16Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:45 pm

scooby24

As you have quite clearly stated you couldn't run a team in this
League then why feel the need to voice opinions that you know nothing about?

17Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:51 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Oh yeh good point ok my opinion is not worthy. Thanks for that. Only been watching non league football for thirty years. My point is I am not pretending I can do the job. Also I don't hide behind nicknames and i do include my picture so anyone who wants to discuss can always catch me on match days Laughing

18Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:52 pm

DB

DB

I wonder who Scooby is ? Wink

19Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:16 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

Scooby, from your post you sound like a committee member in disguise (or a duck).
Please do not patronise us with your "if it wasn't for certain people" s**t. Andy (groundsman), Sarah, Rosanna, Alan, James (tea bar) Louise (hospitality) Robin (kitman) Bas (Matchday coordinator) Jo, Emma, Doug, Shelley (Bar) Paul (sandwiches), Jim, Scott (ball boys),Northern Andy (gate), Chris (bingo) Jools (match report), Mike (announcer and other reporter), and myself who runs the facebook fan page, bingo, find the mole, looks after Haywood Mole, does the football card after the match. Not to mention in the first season to get the ground ready for upgrade, I was humping 8ft fence posts around the ground on my week off. My whole family helped paint the pitch-side fencing.
So I don't pay to get in to games because of all the work I do for the club, more than most committee members I wouldn't wager, but I am not allowed a say in what happens to the club. I do not know how to manage a team, this is true, but neither did Steve and he was allowed. I spend money at the tea bar and in the club after matches and pay to travel up and down the country to support a club, that if it wasn't for the revenue that fans bought in, would be in a lot more financial crisis than we seem to be in.
What a complete and utter load of b****cks you are chatting.
And as for other clubs, I don't give a rat's a**e what they do or don't do, I don't support them.

If we weren't lied to, bullsh**ed to and kept in the dark, maybe we would be a lot nicer about you, sorry, the committee/management.

20Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:29 pm

DB

DB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_C2HJvtRDY

21Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:22 pm

MH

a voice in the crowd wrote:taken from the main website:
"With the recent poor run of results the committee will be meeting with the manager and players this Tuesday to put together a strategy together to maintain our league status.

The club and the manager will not accept relegation as an option and we all feel that there is plenty of football to play and points to be won.

Our director of football Jon Franklin will be taking a more prevalent roll with the first team and over the past 24 hours a number of enquires have been made to strengthen the squad."

The club will do everything in its power to keep us in this division and would ask for your patients and continual support, through what is a difficult playing period."

I have been quite tight lipped about this up until now, believing that either Steve would resign or the board would release him, but no. So now there are even more questions that need to be asked.
1. Why was a strategy not put in place when Mark left and then moreover when Steve took over the post, knowing he was inexperienced and definately not the choice of the fans. He could have walked out at any point.
2. Jon Franklin is the director of football, and therefore in my opinion he should already have a very prevelant role anyway. Why was Steve not getting his assistance before hand, and if in fact, he was, why hasn't it worked?
3. If, as it has been hinted, the players do not have any faith in Steve, and do not pay any attention to the half time team talk, what will make them change their attitude, are we going to give them an ultimatum? more players in and out
4. Relegation IS a very serious, and is looking to be a very likely option. Two teams WILL get relegated. The only thing as far as i can see at the moment that is not an option for those in charge, is sacking the manager. The only reason Mark went is because HE tendered his resignation.
5. Please could someone spell-check these things before they go on the page. With the exception of Liz the Fizz and Steve Hale, none of us to my knowledge are doctors, dentists or anything else from the medical profession, and therefore we are not able to provide any patients. Jon Franklin is going to take a roll (turkey or cheese?) Statements like this make us look like incompetent fools.........or should I say make us look even more.

Players and managers will come and go. I am genuinely gutted that Steve could not do the job, peeved that Greg opted out of being joint manager although he probably did because he saw all this coming and didn't want the grief, but mostly I am disappointed for the people who come to the matches and support the club week in week out, as they will ultimately be the ones that will suffer in all of this, all because no one wants to sack anyone. Mad

Hi Guys,

If only out of curiosity as opposed to genuine allegiance I have been checking the results weekly since the boy left and am really gutted for the lot of you, and I refer to all the rank and file supporters here, you deserve a lot better

Whilst (as would happen with supporteres who care at any club facing similar battles, adversity and string of results) we all question decisions and changes on and off the pitch the decline in fortunes over the last 15/20 games was I'm afraid almost inevitable. Performances were in decline when Alan left and mark felt compelled to walk

As supporters it's only natural that our thoughts, heads and football conversations are full of understandable "what if's" and whilst not wanting to go over any old ground or comment on any reasons as to why - I'll leave that to others - not just Aylesbury FC but if any club lose their entire management structure, and at around the same time see the teams playing budgets slashed, then even worse in my eyes replace that proven experience with a completely new untested and virgin management team the chances are something will have to give and unfortunately, and no-one can argue otherwise, its been the results

I was speaking the other day, as I do periodically to a faithful supporter who regularly comes on here, and what astonished me is just how many of the players have left

The reasons why most are no longer turning out, centre mostly on hearsay, so again I refuse to comment and pretend otherwise, but no team can lose three quarters of its players and with a reduced budget and be anything but pessimistic

I think your recent signing is a truly great addition to the squad, he is, well he certainly was a cracking player but I fear with the general freefall in results and from I was told performances, it might not be enough..

I genuinely hope I am wrong here, and that someone, anyone, manages to turn it all around for you. Lets hope that at the very least that this time next season you are still handing over your entry fee to watch Southern League Central football, it's going to be very hard thats for sure

Hopefully I will see a few of you at St Neots in a couple of games time, its the nearest ground to where I live and might pop along to cheer you all on

Keep the faith though boys plenty of time to turn the fortunes around and good luck in doing so for the rest of the season

22Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:35 pm

MH

scooby24 wrote:i think just for a second you should all take a step back and realise what you are saying. i am a great believer in everyone having their own opioins but you have all taken this to the extreme. i understand that the football is bad at the moment but to blame and slag off the board and others is out of order i dont think you all realise how people work their arses off to keep that club going and if it wasnt for certain indiviuals there would be no club at all. the statement provided was very adequte for fans to read and you all should be happy that this statement was even done because i know of other clubs who would not give you half as much information as afc does.

i would like to see any of you on this forum step up to the mark and run a football team because i dont think any of you could.

The same comments are said at pretty much every NL club in the land and whilst you are right the majority of work at all such clubs are normally carried out by a chosen and passionate few, and for little or no reward or recognition (Is Maria still fund raising there by the way?) why is it that invariably (and as a generalisation, in the main) the same people think that the paying supporters have no right to air their views or if they do that must not question or point fingers or highlight anything they feel is wrong?

Always found that a strange one

Criticism goes with the territory I am afraid, and as long as its not nasty or doesnt get personal supporters can say what they wish

As for running a football team, I can and did andat a similar level but it doesn't make my opinions any more relative than those of the supporters

Of course it's not nice to be criticised, we all like to be popular after all but I have always found the Aylesbury supporters to be as polite, non confrontational and 'patient' as any I have come across, and whilst you are right Scooby they are questioning and querying things at the moment, but surely after a run of results you guys have had to endure do you seriously think they shouldn't or wouldn't, or wont!

They will, any supporters would!

Keeping the faith, getting fully behind the team and supporting them through any adversity, does not mean they dont have valid points to raise, and in view of everything and in my opinion and if you read them back, I think you will find they have raised them quite politely and in a sensible non personal way and it has to be said without really ripping into any individual

Last edited by MH on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

23Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:40 pm

MH

mikefarquharson wrote:It's a results game and I'm not pretending I can manage a southern league football team. Frankly this is the first time this board as been as active. We care and we can see that this manager is not up to the job! The board do a great job but as Mr Fsh has said help has been offered and not really taken up so that's not our fault. All I want to do is go down on a Saturday or a Tuesday and watch a decent team competing , which, until the new Manager took over I did. Everyone can see this isn't working and what is being proposed just is a nothing decision. Steve Smith needs to go and we need a fresh start whist we still have enough games to stay up. Sorry but it's that simple.

Certainly from a supporters perspective pretty much sums the situation up, as usual Mike, said with passion, honesty and to be fair slightly uncustomary frankness!

Most of all though, if a neutral was reading your words it is evident that they are said by one who cares, my fingers are crossed for you all

24Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:50 pm

MH

scooby24 wrote:As you have quite clearly stated you couldn't run a team in this
League then why feel the need to voice opinions that you know nothing about?

Thats an outrageous things to say, and your berating your fellow fans on what they say, how pompous and in truth bigoted can one get?

I can't cook A La Carte food....but I know if I like it or not!

I don't know how to build a car but I know if it's nice or it drives well or looks nice!

I can't shag all night long like I could when I was the boys age, but I still know what to do to make my women happy! Very Happy

I could never get my head around algebra but my god I know how to count my money when I empty the bookies satchells!

I bet you're the kind of guy, who like Paul Jewell, believes women shouldn't be allowed to ref!

He couldn't manage a club which means he isn't allowed to comment as he knows nothing about it. Aylesburys very own Ray "I've played the game you haven't" Houghton

25Statement................ Empty Re: Statement................ Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:39 pm

DB

DB

Nice to hear from you MH Smile, and an opinion from an outsider looking in is always nice, I was hoping to see the pop up sprinklers at St Neots, little chance of that so you're a good second choice Laughing Any news you would like to share with us on former players ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum