Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Giving Marlow the blues

+3
Old Plumb
Thorny-D
DB
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Giving Marlow the blues Empty Giving Marlow the blues Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:24 pm

DB

DB

After last weeks thrashing by top of the league we now get an easy one, Marlow are only third from top Rolling Eyes
When we played them away I thought they were poor(they still beat us though) a bit agricultural and a bit nasty, they had a big lump up top who played Ben into a red card, I hope we don't get suckered into that again. They must be third for a reason, but I've no idea what it is  scratch
COYM  cheers

2Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

I remember the big old centre foreword, he got away with murder that day with his obvious dirty tricks, which the inept ref could not work out what he was at, O P.

3Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Tough ask I know Davis will have thoughts on more winnable games but if we can get a point or even sneak a win then it would be great

4Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Well,,,the pitch is looking fab-u-lous, so no excuses there Smile

DB and myself are well happy that, with 4 games to go, we've still got grass on it.

COYM cheers

5Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:56 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Well done you guys fabulous work,come on you Moles !!!

6Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:42 pm

limprib81

limprib81

Well your assessment was bang on DB. No idea how they are 3rd!
That said, what a display from our boys. Joe at RB simply fantastic, Ben lead from the back and chuffed that young Ty got the goal. Good to see genuine Aylesbury born and bred talent coming through.
Everyone else losing around us makes that win even more important.

7Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:59 pm

coach

coach

Marlow certainly didn't look like a top 3 side..only side in top 10 not to get at least a point today..
They look a hard team to beat today..decent midfield and defence but very little upfront..

Great 3 points in the end..one more win and we should be safe.

8Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:19 pm

How there weren't more sendings off. That number 10 must have been invisible to the ref. Like Marlow as a club but that team are a bad advert for non-league.

Joe Fitzgerald, Ben Stevens, Ty and Davis all played very well but my Man of the Match was JJ

9Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Lab

Jools wrote:Like Marlow as a club but that team are a bad advert for non-league.

Spot on Jools, and that all stems from the manager...

10Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:04 pm

coach

coach

Think it could well be a club thing..one of their teams who my son has played against are a nasty bunch..They have a nasty manager and then goes right through the team to the parents.

11Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:10 pm

DB

DB

A roughhouse "competitive" team, I know that's not everyones cup of tea but this is a mens team on a limited budget, horses for courses, still 3rd tonight tremendous stuff from Bartley, he's destined for bigger things, I wish them the best of luck.
We were decent enough, felt we got drawn into hitting longer balls and aerial challenges but overall were the better team. Ben was my MoM he seemed to love it today.
We are a top half team that just happens to be third from bottom cheers

12Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:16 pm

coach

coach

Early on they looked the better side but we weathered the storm and looked the better side in 2nd half I thought..not sure what was the abuse at the ref all.about from marlow at the end..I thought he was fair and any decisions he made had no bearing on the result.

13Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:44 pm

DB

DB

".not sure what was the abuse at the ref all.about from marlow at the end..I thought he was fair and any decisions he made had no bearing on the result."
Even I was a bit shocked by that too, the ones I saw looked like board members !
One of their coaches told me he was embarrassed to be beat by us, which I found a bit odd, maybe they don't follow what's going on in this league, saw we'd been spanked by the crows and thought they had a walk over ....Embarassed   Laughing

14Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:13 pm

Few mouthing off in stand prior to our goal. Were quiet afterwards. I'm not sure what they had to complain about. Thought ref had a difficult afternoon but did very well

15Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:43 am

coach

coach

Apart from last week's result we have shown fairly decent form recently and are no push overs..why be embarrassed about losing..Have Marlow gone all arrogant as they are in 3rd position.

16Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:40 pm

DB

DB

The ref did have a difficult game, but I didn't think he was very good, he even moved Brian from where he was watching because of his red shirt!
We are off to Petersfield next week, if they win and end up doubling us I'm sure there will be a few of us feeling a little embarrassed too.

17Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:39 pm

coach

coach

DB wrote:The ref did have a difficult game, but I didn't think he was very good, he even moved Brian from where he was watching because of his red shirt!
We are off to Petersfield next week, if they win and end up doubling us I'm sure there will be a few of us feeling a little embarrassed too.
We did wonder why he moved Brian..Guess he in eyesight of the lino..if he could see that far!

18Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:06 pm

mrfish

Having read the Marlow fc match report ,it seems they should have spanked us like Royston did. Funny how different eyes see the game. It also states that the pitch was to blame by being bumpy and slow not allowing them to play their usual style football. This now makes DB and his crew our secret weapon (if this is the case, we are all doomed).

19Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

How did this geaser who penned this report know what the pitch was like,was he on the pitch at any time,or is he just a bad loser looking for excuses like blaming the official's.Glad we stood up to the bully boys and well done lads and our ground team who gave them a flat surface, O P.

20Giving Marlow the blues Empty Re: Giving Marlow the blues Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:49 am

DB

DB

Hahaha, love it, it's ok Baz it's quite truthful but other teams have played on it in a lot worse condition than that! Saturday it was quite soft especially the away dug out 1/4 of the pitch, there was at least half a dozen very noticeable dodgy bounces that I'm sure everyone saw, I'd like to think it will be better next year Smile        
"not allowing them to play their usual style football."  Shocked  Was it windy Question

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum