Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Friendly: Aylesbury 1 - 3 Milton Keynes Dons

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

VkmSpouge

A pretty good match. The Dons clearly deserved to win the match, they played with plenty of pace especially on the counter attack. It was good to see so many of their first team in action. Aylesbury though never let their heads drop at 2-0 down and after Charlie Mpi put away the goal the side clearly gained in confidence. The Moles' second half performance was much improved. I felt Steve Smith played superbly in goal, getting in some very good saves that kept the scoreline down. Danny Mead also played well, he seemed to cut out just about everything the Dons tried to get passed him. Gareth Price also looked as potent as ever on the right wing though is he wearing those yellow boots for a bet or something? Laughing It was a performance that Aylesbury can take encouragement from. Anyone know the attendance, it looked to be a few hundred there?

Macca

Macca

640 were there a good night all round
Macca (apart from the mike breaking!)

VkmSpouge

I thought it would be big. 640 that's the second highest attendence behind the Wealdstone match last season.

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Despite the scoreline (not as bad as it sounds, due in no small part to some brilliant defending and some absolutely breathtaking saves from Steve Smith) I think the whole team did themselves, the fans and the town proud against MK Dons.

I just hope it will convince a few of the non-regular fans who turned up to watch, that they are missing out on some great football down at Aylesbury FC and will hopefully continue to come and watch us throughout the season and spread the word that we have a really sound club that is definately going places cheers

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi all, there's a good report with action photos on MK Dons website, a good evening allround , with some good footy played. See ya all at the Oxford City game, Bas.

Oxford City tonight & with a little over 2 wks till the season starts who is a nailed on starter for the opener? My guess is Smith, Mead, Butler, Williams,Price,Mpi. And if Dean Powles isn't at his best (& I cant see why he should be )I'm really looking forward to watching him. I also see that the Nomads have parted company with their manager, does he live local? I've heard that he's a very good trainer . cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum