Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

AFC 1 - Slough 2

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AFC 1 - Slough 2 Empty AFC 1 - Slough 2 Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:42 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

A thoroughly disappointing match all round, for several reasons.

The Referee was atrocious,,,possibly the worst yet this season.
Both he and his assistant (lino) missed a nowhere-near-the-ball incident in which Ricky Miller got such a clout round the face from a Slough defender that it could be heard on the opposite side of the pitch!
That should have been a guarenteed red card, but the ref and lino chose to ignore the incident, and if they didnt see it,,they certaintly heard it 'cause I did!

Another thing is Gareth Price.
I really don't understand why he's playing out of position on the left wing when he does all his best work on the right.
I know we have to make provisions for Ryan Blake,,but again, Blakey is so much better as a striker, although he did play reasonably well today. I can see him playing as a floater behind a front pairing of Ricky and Sid.

One positive from this game was the return of 'The Leader' Greg Williams.
He came on for the last 20 or so minutes and looked as strong and imposing as ever.
Good to have him back on board Smile

Well, it's Chesham on tuesday night so let's hope we can make up for this disappointment and get back to winning ways.

2AFC 1 - Slough 2 Empty Re: AFC 1 - Slough 2 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Ref was very poor for both teams Mad , Think the result was a fair one, there was too much guile and know-how from Slough.

Still think today was useful as it has shown AFC the standards needed to do well

3AFC 1 - Slough 2 Empty Re: AFC 1 - Slough 2 Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:33 pm

DB

DB

Slough , I thought they were hard working & determined , very good qualities in any league

Last edited by DB on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : yes)

4AFC 1 - Slough 2 Empty AFC - Slough 2 Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:17 pm

South Bucks Duck

Referees don't chose to ignore incidents and they don't rely on hearing them either. They have to see them and when they do, they deal with them. Don't forget, a Referee and his assistants do not give a shit who wins.

5AFC 1 - Slough 2 Empty Re: AFC 1 - Slough 2 Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:50 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

South Bucks Duck wrote:Referees don't chose to ignore incidents and they don't rely on hearing them either. They have to see them and when they do, they deal with them. Don't forget, a Referee and his assistants do not give a shit who wins.

Regardless,,,
We heard the slap that Ricky got from the other side of the pitch.
I'm pretty sure the linesman on our side saw it, but chose to bottle it when he spoke with the ref.

I'm sure if Ricky wanted to press charges of assault against the opposing player, he'd have plenty of witnesses in the ground.

6AFC 1 - Slough 2 Empty Re: AFC 1 - Slough 2 Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:03 am

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi all, it seems like a few ducks have started to quack on our forum, judging by the somewhat negative comments from postings with suspicious logos attached and the word duck in their title, still its nice that they come to support our cause, see ya down there Bas.

7AFC 1 - Slough 2 Empty AFC1- Slough 2 Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:18 pm

South Bucks Duck

Hi Old Plum,

No negativity on my part, my comments about the Referee could be about any team on the receiving end of the not so good decisions. Both the Ref and the lino probably had a good idea of what happened with the incident in question but unless they 100% see it, they can't do anything.

8AFC 1 - Slough 2 Empty Re: AFC 1 - Slough 2 Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:12 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi S.B.D., fair play to you for your observations, shame the match was"nt much more of a spectacle, could have gone either way , but in the end sorted by a penalty, see ya down there Bas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum