Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bedworth game.

+4
DB
Dean Brennan Fan Club
Jon Franklin
Thorny-D
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bedworth game. Empty Bedworth game. Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:16 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Have we had any news regarding our away fixture tomorrow?

Obviousley, it has been raining again today and is due to rain heavy again tomorrow, so I presume they will be having a pitch inspection?

2Bedworth game. Empty Re: Bedworth game. Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:30 pm

Jon Franklin

No news is good news, if there was talk of an inspection and we had been informed it would have been posted.
From previous experience I cannot see them having to much of a problem however if we hear anything in the morning it will be posted.

3Bedworth game. Empty Re: Bedworth game. Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:21 pm

Dean Brennan Fan Club

Dean Brennan Fan Club

Jon Franklin wrote:No news is good news, if there was talk of an inspection and we had been informed it would have been posted.

It's unfortunate then that we cannot even post anything on our main site or here saying that the under 18's game yesterday was cancelled. At 7 p.m. when I looked on the site it said that the game was on. I drove from Bedfordshire to find the place in darkness and no game. Mad Mad In that case it was not "no news is good news" more like same ol' same ol' Rolling Eyes

4Bedworth game. Empty Re: Bedworth game. Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:31 pm

DB

DB

Haha Laughing Laughing Laughing big Jon got boyd Laughing Laughing

5Bedworth game. Empty Re: Bedworth game. Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:20 pm

Imp

Communication is a wonderful thing...... Embarassed

6Bedworth game. Empty Re: Bedworth game. Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:50 am

Jon Franklin

Fan club and Imp I will apologise for not posting this postponement as it my responsibility however I did not have access to a computer until much later as I work!!
If you would like to see me I will personally reimburse you your expenses.
I won't hold my breath!

7Bedworth game. Empty Re: Bedworth game. Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Imp

Don't worry about mine Jon, I didn't have a wasted journey. Mine was just an observation about the importance of keeping people informed. Embarassed

8Bedworth game. Empty Re: Bedworth game. Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:26 pm

DB

DB

If Rugby was a good team performance,then this was magnificent. Is this just my opinion ? cheers cheers

9Bedworth game. Empty Re: Bedworth game. Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:15 am

Jon Franklin

Imp perhaps you would like to be our communications officers as you seem to know how it should be done.
As I have offered on many occasions why dont you come and speak to me about it?
Over a pint and I will pay?

10Bedworth game. Empty Great performance Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:33 pm

Oldie

DB wrote:If Rugby was a good team performance,then this was magnificent. Is this just my opinion ? cheers cheers

I agree that this was a fine performance. The key to it was the strong defensive display in the first half playing into a nightmare wind.
I think the lad Darby at centre back is really showing his strengths now and his organisation and talking is both calm and authoritative. The back four looked very strong but it was an excellent team display. We used the conditions much better than the opposition and battled very hard for a thoroughly deserved win.

11Bedworth game. Empty Re: Bedworth game. Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi all, I agree entirely with the comments that have been made and add that take a look at the dugout bench , class players all, with all the squad being used wisely, keep up the good work squad and gaffers, c u down there Bas.

12Bedworth game. Empty Re: Bedworth game. Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Imp

Jon Franklin wrote:Imp perhaps you would like to be our communications officers as you seem to know how it should be done.
As I have offered on many occasions why dont you come and speak to me about it?
Over a pint and I will pay?

Jon, you flatter me! Seriously, unfortunately I now work away from Aylesbury, so my following of sport in the town is from afar. The offer of a pint and a chat is a nice one, but one I will be unable to accept.

The job I have does involve communication in a big way, I know enough to be able to say that good effecetive communication is essential to keep supporters interested and motivated in any organisation, let alone a football club which relies on people paying good money in support of the team. Bad or late communication causes bad feelings, discontent and ultimately loses people from any organisation. Communication today is made easier by the internet, utilising it means people expect to be kept up to date all the time, especially if it affects their routine. Having said all that I know how difficult it is to keep on top of it, especially when you have a full time job elsewhere and give all the time you can to the club. Your suggestion about a communications officer is a good one - surely there must be someone out there who can take some weight off your shoulders and help out?

13Bedworth game. Empty Re: Bedworth game. Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:54 pm

MH

I thought it was a very average game, but a cracking team performance. Blustering winds ensured it was never going to a classic, but ultimately, and in both halves too, I think we simply played the horrid conditions noticeably better than our opponents

I too thought Darby commanded not just the defence but verbally those in front of the defence. We have a few players now who have played at a higher level and their experience really shows, not just in what they do with the ball, but when they haven't, and thats from the back to the front

As was the case midweek, everyone worked their socks off, commitment was faultless and considering the gale force winds I thought we constantly tried to play a decent style of football, which with the overall size of our team we simply have to keep doing

A couple more results like this and everyone will be carefully examining the league tables after each match as we now quietly move in to the play off spots!

14Bedworth game. Empty Re: Bedworth game. Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:05 pm

DB

DB

I thought the attitude of the players was exceptional, I was very pleased at the control shown by Ricky with the roughing up he recieved,I loved the strong Tommo tackle on their no 10 two minutes after Jon D had been booked for a foul on him , & to think this lad couldn't get in the Tring team!(think he needs to sort out his shin pads)
Lets hope we can keep this momentum going cheers

MH wrote:
A couple more results like this and everyone will be carefully examining the league tables after each match as we now quietly move in to the play off spots!

SSShhh Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum