Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Groundshare with United?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Groundshare with United?   Empty Groundshare with United? Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:18 pm

mrfish

After reading endless pages of speculation on their forum about where they will turn up next to play their games, i only hope that they discount Haywood way as the pitch just would not take it.Let them go onuse the college.lol

2Groundshare with United?   Empty Re: Groundshare with United? Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:19 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi all, Mr.Fish, does not get around to other grounds much, or he would have noticed that our pitch has stood up better than most. When our pitch has flood water on it , he also should notice that all other teams in the area and our league are also called off, check the leauge tables for our up to date home games played, not a lot wrong there then. By the way, when our reserves are reinstated next year ,they will be using the pitch every other game, more or less. See ya down there if you are one of us , Bas.

3Groundshare with United?   Empty Re: Groundshare with United? Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:58 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

I still believe that a merger is the only way forward and as I have previosuly said I know that might be a bitter pill to swallow BUT I don't see how either club can progress much beyond where either is now without it

4Groundshare with United?   Empty Re: Groundshare with United? Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:12 am

DB

DB

Sleep Sleep Laughing

5Groundshare with United?   Empty Re: Groundshare with United? Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:00 pm

mrfish

hi bas did you not notice the condition of the pitch after the game had finished on saturday? I was not thinking of the water levels that is another thread on this message board.I just dont think the pitch will stand 4 or 5 games a week. Yawn as much as you want i feel something will happen this close season be it a merger or swallow up tongue

6Groundshare with United?   Empty Re: Groundshare with United? Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:46 am

DB

DB

Maybe they have set their sights too high, perhaps they could try and see if Pitstone or Thame fancy taking them over Wink

7Groundshare with United?   Empty Re: Groundshare with United? Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:24 am

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi Mrfish, I know what the state of the pitch is, because I am one of the volenters who help repair it at times like this. I think you have been reading the AUFC forum and got sucked in with the wrong information, also where did you get your figures of the amount of games a week(worst being three in seven days very rarely), only two play on it at the moment and three in the future,two with small numbers in there leagues. Bye the way, whos going to swallow us up, your having a laugh surely, see ya down there Bas.

8Groundshare with United?   Empty Re: Groundshare with United? Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:37 pm

mrfish

hi bas,good to know the club keeps you busy in your spare time. I got my figures on the amount of games that could possibly played at hayward way if aufc shared as follows afchome games saturday & tuesday,aufc home on sunday as we have priority on saturdays,ressies play midweek home game,then there is the youth team who play at hayward way i note from the fixture panel on the home page

9Groundshare with United?   Empty Re: Groundshare with United? Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi Mr Fish, senior status sides only play on Saturdays in all leagues in non league football, with the odd cup game being allowed on a Sunday if required, therfore all a pointless exercise trying to fit another senior side in if plans for next season go ahead as stated, c u down there Bas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum