Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

FC 1-0 Daventry

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FC 1-0 Daventry Empty FC 1-0 Daventry Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:33 pm

What a jolly good result against a supposedly highly rated side. Great entertainment esp 2nd half, if Ricky had had his shooting boots on it coyuld have been more.

Well done FC on a well earned win

2FC 1-0 Daventry Empty Re: FC 1-0 Daventry Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:26 pm

DB

DB

An entertaining performance & a great result well done everyone , Lamar did well , Dave Brown looked good beat his man a few times & delivered, but for me it was Jamas at RB that stood out, he's going to give Ash a real run for his money. Daventry were a decent side & top 3, but I'm glad we dont play like them . Chinese saturday here we come , thanks lads cheers cheers

3FC 1-0 Daventry Empty Re: FC 1-0 Daventry Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Goes to show what we can do when we keep the ball on the floor and play football!

Well done lads! Very Happy

4FC 1-0 Daventry Empty Re: FC 1-0 Daventry Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:01 am

MH

I thought it was a cracking game and especially from a team with so many youngsters a cracking all round team performance

We closed every one down quickly, releasing the shackles of our holding player meant we could do our pressing in their half of the pitch and we did for 90 minutes

It was a pleasant change to see the ball played both on the floor to a large degree and significantly out wide. Whether or not it was the inclusion of so many youngsters, i'm not sure, but there was a lot of passion and grit shown out there yesterday, and significantly, not just pace, but energy all over the pitch

We have been rightly critical of performances of late, and rightly critical of so many individuals who when adversity popped its head up went into hiding, but yesterday I thought not only was it pleasing and a well deserved victory where I felt everyone played their part, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it

Last edited by MH on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total

5FC 1-0 Daventry Empty Re: FC 1-0 Daventry Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 am

MH

Oh and by the way, were they not the biggest bloody side you had ever seen?

Right back apart every player was six foot and half of those must have been between 6' 3" and 6' 6"...huge!

Forget Haywood Way, I thought I had arrived at Lilliput!

Lastly for a team with so much obvious individual talent, why or why, even allowing for their collective size do they have to play football like that?

Our team of comparitive midgets dealt with the aerial bombardment superbly well to be fair, but my god, is that really what football has come to?

Jesus the last time the south witnessed such a sustained bombardment was during the blitz. Surely thats not how they play every week is it?

If it is then sorry lads, even though you had some cracking players you dont deserve to go up playing like that

Not only that, and perhaps it is just me, but did they appear to play without any forwards?

So many times when they got the ball, and they played it well to be fair, they rained huge (and extremely high!) diagonals down both flanks, and they always appeared to have two wingers looking to receieve it, but, apart from set pieces, they never appeared to have any-one in the middle. How strange was that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum