Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

DAVENTRY GAME OFF

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DAVENTRY GAME OFF  Empty DAVENTRY GAME OFF Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:03 pm

DB

DB

As it says, Game off,
Frozen Pitch.
Daventry put their post up at 1.45 on their website!
Don't they play at Communications Park? Laughing Laughing

Last edited by DB on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sarcasm (not against us, you understand))

2DAVENTRY GAME OFF  Empty Re: DAVENTRY GAME OFF Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:04 pm

Guess the team and supporters had already started travelling. Some naffed off people I guess.

Just have to be Slough that feels the full force of the AFC backlash then. Onwards and upwards and all that!! Surprised

3DAVENTRY GAME OFF  Empty Re: DAVENTRY GAME OFF Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Imp

Postponed match = respite for the management from criticism from another poor performance! At least they can enjoy their weekend for a change. Razz

4DAVENTRY GAME OFF  Empty Re: DAVENTRY GAME OFF Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:49 pm

DB

DB

Thankfully, "one last cup of tea" saved us from having to re-route. I went over to the new Creasey Park to have a look at Dunstable Town v Hanwell, that's after ringing the telephone number on their website that didn't exist Rolling Eyes Managed to find a personal number to find out that the game was on. Not much to watch for the first 60 minutes or so, then after going 1-0 up, Dunstable hit the crossbar with a penalty, then went 2-0 with a cheeky through ball. Boycie's last ditch challenge inside the area was always going to be a straight red. A very good save by the keeper but a couple of passes later it was in, 2-1, the home fans were getting jittery & checking watches but Deano settled the nerves with a cool finish 3-1. Meady played the whole game as did Boycie(well almost)Deano was a second half sub, Henners on the bench. Hear a big signing's imminent there Shocked
Things I noticed at Dunstable.
Car park like Brighton beach(I know its new)
Admission £6 adult
Programme £1, worth a read.
Tea £1.20, fancy Mcy Ds style cups(sipping hole) (Had a MUG of tea at Tring on Tuesday 50p inside in the warm)
Excellent Chips £1.00
Latte £1.80
Lovely warm toilets(so I'm told.)
Not enough bins around the ground / in the right place, very tidy ground, their bin situation is rubbish Laughing
No active fundraising, raffle etc,
No tannoy/music
No team line up poster(unless I missed it)
People watching around the ground in the first half under 60.
The Dunstable Faithful looked like mountain goats at one end.
Nice to see some genuine smiles & have a chat with some of our past players & Johnny Mac.
Something I think I've noticed that I haven't noticed in our league, indirect free kick for arguing with the ref from where he started rowing, would I be right in thinking that in our games it's from where he stops the game?
So I got my Saturday Football fix, didn't have a drink after, it was far too cold.
Entry for two
two drinks each tea/latte,
programme.
shared chips all in for £20.00, wonder how that compares with the likes of the Manchester or London big boys? Laughing
If ever we are not playing and they are at home I would probably go there again.
Anyone else go anywhere?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum