Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daventry game

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Daventry game Empty Daventry game Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Not a bad night's display. Thought we shaded it over the 90 minutes. We could have been out of sight earlier in the game if Denilson had had his shooting boots on.

Nicely tucked in 7th position in the table tonight. Well done AFC.

2Daventry game Empty Re: Daventry game Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:49 am

DB

DB

A good entertaining performance, we have more dribblers than SMH maternity ward cheers

3Daventry game Empty Re: Daventry game Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:03 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Good game and generally an excellent performance. MOM Prosper who was awesome all night!

4Daventry game Empty Re: Daventry game Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:29 am

MH

Without being the most fluent or exciting of performances, and especially in view of their colective youth and general inexperience I thought it was a really promising 90 minutes and trying to be neutral thought they thoroughly deserved the three points

I thought for a makeshift back four they were collectively tight and very resiliant.
Excuse me if I am still getting used to some of the bloody names but I thought the right back was superb even if he did slightly overplay things at times which mind my words he will get caught out in doing so soon. By he was magnificient in both strength, speed and attitude

The midfield I though were combative and energetic and for what must surely be the smallest team in the league stood tall in all aerial duels, not only that but I actually cant remember the last time our midfield created so many clear cut and decent chances.

The second goal, even though I would imagine the Daventry Gaffer was going do lally was from our perspective a cracker, the 30 yard run he made and the way Meadys free kick found him was sublime as too was the finish

Have to say was disapointed, no thats unfair its the wrong word frustrated by the performance of Denilson, not by his finishing that can happen, but for one that appears to have rocket fuelled pace why does he keep wanting to stop when in full flow and then trying to cut back inside....why?
Why would any player do that, surely his pace would take him clear, really puzzling, and sooner or later he is going to pull something as a body is not designed to change direxction that sharply and at the pace. Not only that nearly every time he did, he lost the ball, but hey I am nit picking.

For the second game of the season and with so many new players in the team,and others like the centre forard playing at centre half- and what a cracking performance he gave btw didn't he?- I thought it was a really decent performance and if these youngsters who I swear when injured still get treated with a spoonful from the 'Calpol' bottle can get anything from Saturdays game against the strongest favourites the league have probably ever seen then we could really be in for an enjoyable 9 months, lets hope so

Well done lads, an enjoyable evening

5Daventry game Empty Re: Daventry game Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:09 am

DB

DB

You refer to Kev Mealor as the centre forward playing at centre half, Kev was with us in 9/10 & played 90% of his games at CB,I'm a bit surprised he's listed as a forward. Think our biggest worry will be from other teams trying to sign our players (like the two manchester teams) Laughing

6Daventry game Empty Re: Daventry game Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:54 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Kev spent most of his time at AUFC at either left back or left Midfield but can do a job anywhere!!!! By the way I left my flask in the ground last night so Danny if you find a silver flask it's mine! :-)

7Daventry game Empty Re: Daventry game Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:28 pm

mikefarquharson wrote:K By the way I left my flask in the ground last night so Danny if you find a silver flask it's mine! :-)

OMG, .......and you didnt shut up about how tasty your cuppa was all match! What are you going to do next game? Did you leave your scarf there too?

8Daventry game Empty Re: Daventry game Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:55 pm

mrfish

I dont think he left his flask behind,I think timmtrab liberated it.It will be him bringing a nice warm drink with him on saturday along with his matching scarf Laughing

9Daventry game Empty Re: Daventry game Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:34 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

LOL Trimmtrab nicked it, the northern monkey!!!!

10Daventry game Empty Re: Daventry game Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:51 pm

MH

I cant believe anyone could admit to taking a flask of tea......not in bloody August anyway Smile

11Daventry game Empty Re: Daventry game Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Mike, your flask was put behind the bar, Bas, c u down there.

12Daventry game Empty Re: Daventry game Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:14 pm

Old Plumb wrote:Mike, your flask was put behind the bar, Bas, c u down there.

All the tea in it has been drunk however - everyone agreed it was the best cup of tea they had ever tasted.

13Daventry game Empty Re: Daventry game Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:30 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

excellent I will claim on Saturday :-)

14Daventry game Empty Re: Daventry game Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:28 pm

mrfish

I hope you have another flask to bring your tea in Mike, as I bring coffee in mine, wonder what Trimmtrab will bring in his newly aquired flask lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum