Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

another view of the slough game

+2
DB
lord lucan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1another view of the slough game Empty another view of the slough game Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:40 pm

lord lucan

lord lucan

Not an easy place to start the season off and with Slough who like to play it rough i was expecting more of the same,and i wasn't disapointed in that respect.
Any team who goes there this season and comes away with a point will be happy.The only down side is we could and should have taken all three.Everyone knew what happened to poor ole Ben Steven's last time round and sod me he was taken out of the game again[thanks for your support ref].Still the back line held firm and our new keeper was man of the match for me.We kept the ball on the floor and played football.Slough tried to muscle us out,but we kept coming back at them.It's a different squad this year i screamed at the slough faithfull at the end of the game.Jamie Rudd and Danilson were in the thick of things and had more than one chance to win the game.They really impressed,which is more than i can say for our No9 Simon Martin.Ok lets not be to harse,he was dropped in at the deep end with Miller and Mealor off sunning themselves.But striker?he spent more time chasing shadows.Sorry management you'll have to think again on that one.I knew the monment in the second half when we stopped trying to win and were happy with a point.Off came Rudd and Vincente who were causing mayhem in the slough defence.
On came the leader Greg Williams and Bertie bubble adams,sure as eggs are eggs it
was all over as a contest.With the exception of a great try of a bicycle kick by
Williams in the box,which nearly took the head off a slough defender.Hey-ho we got a point and the seasons underway,looking forward to tuesday night at haywood and
another look at Alan Biley's new barnet.
Well done boys keep up the good work
all the best Lord L. Laughing

Last edited by lord lucan on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

2another view of the slough game Empty Re: another view of the slough game Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:44 pm

DB

DB

Sorry LL I don't agree with you about Simon Martin, I thought he did quite well against three centre backs one of them being 6'6" I was more than a bit surprised with Danilson coming off for Greg, I thought he looked most likeliest to score in those final few minutes.

3another view of the slough game Empty Re: another view of the slough game Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:09 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Martin did nothing. Yes we don't know how much of a pre season he has had but on first look not at all impressed with him, will need much more to do well in this league

4another view of the slough game Empty Re: another view of the slough game Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:39 pm

mrfish

Cannot say about Mealor but Miller has 3 weeks out, something about a brother being killed in a road accident.Best wishes to him and his family

5another view of the slough game Empty Re: another view of the slough game Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:36 am

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

Not sure about that Mr F I think he is away on his hols and that is why he is missing 3 games.

6another view of the slough game Empty Re: another view of the slough game Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:59 pm

groundhog

How much bad luck does one player deserve, saw Ben today, looks like he is going to be out for several weeks, Docs think Medials are shot, needs MRI scan to confirm. hope we have a decent replacement otherwise we could have a very hard few months coming up.

7another view of the slough game Empty Re: another view of the slough game Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:31 pm

mrfish

a voice in the crowd wrote:Not sure about that Mr F I think he is away on his hols and that is why he is missing 3 games.
That is what Iwas told by a senior club official(do they lie to us?)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum