Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bedfont Town to quit?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Bedfont Town to quit? Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:28 pm

The Bedfont website match report for last saturdays game, advises, "it was quite possibly the teams last match there due to issues off the pitch that threatens the future of the football club" (their spelling, not mine btw).

.....and with mad shennanigans going on up north with Durham City quitting the NPL , and Woodley Sports and Northwich Victoria getting booted out it could be that Fleet AND Marlow survive if all the various shuffling rumours happen.

Any club official know more than us?

2Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:19 pm

mrfish

I have been saying that about Bedfont for quite some time now,now other teams are also in the mix.The question was put to Jon Franklin on the way out of the game on saturday and he said nothing was known yet Question

3Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Jon Franklin

As explained Saturday to Mr Fish and as he has posted nothing is known yet, there is always a lot of speculation at this stage of the season but the league keep things close to there chest quiet rightly, therefore nothing will be certain until the AGM in June.

4Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:12 pm

I quite like Marlow and my brother lives in Farnborough just down from Fleet so would like to visit both again

5Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:25 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

I live in Aylesbury?

6Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:26 pm

mrfish

Our daughter lives near Poole,quite nice in that part of the country! Razz

7Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:56 pm

mikefarquharson wrote:I live in Aylesbury?

Well then, you will have to wait for Thame United or the Ducks to get promoted. Ducks play like they have domne for the past few weeks, it could be in 12 months time!!!!

8Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:25 pm

DB

DB

Pretty sure you have to apply by about Nov to get promoted, something that I don't believe our friends in Bedfordshire did this season Laughing Laughing

9Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:31 pm

DB wrote:Pretty sure you have to apply by about Nov to get promoted, something that I don't believe our friends in Bedfordshire did this season Laughing Laughing

Why not?

10Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:37 pm

DB

DB

Don't know, can only guess 1.No faith 2.No ambition 3.No money or a combination take your pick what else could it be ?

11Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Forgot to post the letter?

Really, you southern types have issues with the Ducks but as a northern monkey it's not my argument. Would love to see 'em in this division, at this ground, local derbies, going watching them midweek when we are somewhere away.

Think we're all losing out more than you think.

12Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:00 pm

DB

DB

As a floating supporter I guess you would lol!

13Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:42 pm

mrfish

Lets raise the issue again,I would love to see an amalgamation of the 2 teams playing in Aylesbury (did not use the M word),maybe wearing red shirts with green sleeves ,white shorts with red trimming and red and green socks,called Aylesbury Vale United.Havnt thought of a nickname yet cheers

14Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:31 pm

DB wrote:As a floating supporter I guess you would lol!

If FC drew Mossley in the Trophy, I could only ever support one team

15Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:30 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Vale of Aylesbury FC United has a real ring to it

16Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:36 am

Perhaps we could play in white shirts, black shorts and call ourselves the Lilywhites?

17Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:38 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

I'm liking Black and Red myself cheers

18Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Wed May 23, 2012 10:31 pm

DB

DB

Taken from the Bedfont site,
The Peacocks confirm that they will not be competing in the Southern League next season and is likely not to run a senior men's section in 2012/13

Bedfont Town's three year journey at step 4 came to an end on Tuesday when the club were unable to secure an affordable facility for next season and satisfy the league requirements.

This comes a day after Manager and acting Chairman Garry Haylock felt he had no other option but to walk away from the project at The Orchard.

The club can also confirm it's resignation from the Capital League for it's reserves

19Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Wed May 23, 2012 11:08 pm

So no-one is going down then?

20Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Re: Bedfont Town to quit? Thu May 24, 2012 11:37 am

DB

DB

I don't think anyone knows until about mid June, with level 3s coming down & level 5s coming up, there could also be some sideways moves, I don't believe anyone could guess this, have a look at the bottom map, I feel sorry for Abingdon, a lot of travelling there, although they do get to go to the seaside Laughing
http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=362230;page=2;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

And totally off topic,
Home Attendance, 9/10 97, 10/11 114 , 11/12 130, That's not bad to say we had a poor season, do you think we will go 150+ next season Question

21Bedfont Town to quit? Empty Bedfont return Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:17 pm

DB

DB

Looks like Doug couldn't stay away!
http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-sport/west-london-local-football/2012/06/21/bedfont-town-rise-from-the-ashes-109642-31232295/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum