Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leighton Game - much improved

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Leighton Game - much improved Empty Leighton Game - much improved Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:05 pm

Tonight was a big improvement. The game was very entertaining and I think we could have got 3 points although a draw was perhaps a fair result.My MOM was Sonny French who I thought worked very hard. Was also impressed with the the right back (Hammond?)

As I said a couple of days ago, exciting times

2Leighton Game - much improved Empty Re: Leighton Game - much improved Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:59 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Agreed a great game and a good performance. Especially impressed with Sonny French two footed, lively and had an excellent game!

3Leighton Game - much improved Empty Re: Leighton Game - much improved Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:36 am

MH

trimmtrab wrote:Tonight was a big improvement. The game was very entertaining and I think we could have got 3 points although a draw was perhaps a fair result.My MOM was Sonny French who I thought worked very hard. Was also impressed with the the right back (Hammond?)

As I said a couple of days ago, exciting times

I totally agree with you about Sunny, as I suggested the other day (he says as though he's taking all the credit!for the lads performance Very Happy )he always looked comfortable and composed when he has come on and I too had him down as my MOM last nght and by quite a way as well

Yes, it was also a quite entertaining match to watch and with the second half possession we could, perhaps should have won but unfortunately we didn't and in truth I was never really confident that we would, especially when we seemed to panic every time Leighton crossed the half way linne.

I again agree with you Trim that Hammond had a good game, but collectively our defence was poor again and the young centre half James is it, whilst loathe to ever adversely pick out individuals was I am afraid again poor, and am sorry whoever made the call to start him in front of Jeanmal who at centre half, this season thus far has played really well needs to get their bloody money back from spec savers! confused

So whilst I agree with nearly everything you say Trim, what I cant agree with other than it gave us a point, was that it represented an improvement or in your opinion " A big improvement!"

I would be really fascinated to find out in what areas exactly you think we showed improvement in?

In defence?
I thought we looked as shakey last night as we have done the last four games and yet again the two goals we let in and for completely different reasons were again truly, truly shocking.
I personally thought we still looked likely to concede every time they attacked, which thankfully being another poor team they didn't do too often
Offensively the only time I can remember the full backs getting into the last third of the pitch was to take throw ins!

In midfield?
Sunny apart whose performance was really promising, and even allowing for some, at times decent work down both flanks, especially the first half. We again gave the ball away far too regularly and as usual far too cheaply, it's so frustrating

Can i also ask why again the midfield have the annoying penchant to stop and turn inwards rather than attack the opposition down the flank?
To me using the wings with lets be honest, our speed and as our main offensive outlet would prove to be hugely beneficial bit we just dont do it

They played on top of the back four which is why, other than from set pieces (where in a Leighton defence which was poor as our we did at least create some chances and panic) there was no creation and no offensive support. Its as though they think they are not allowed to bomb forward.

One sublimely crafted ball from Jack for Jeanmals superbly composed equaliser doesn't dilute the fact any either, that over 90 minutes he had a shocker.

Up front?
Were they actually playing, was it worth them actually playing?

Against the worse defence in the league, recoprds show worse than ours, whilst the effort was there, no-one is suggesting it wasn't, how many chances did they have, how many chances were created for them?
I think Simon had one in the first half, but that was created, I think came from his strike partner, but like a couple of strays in an African village to say they lived off scraps last night would be putting it mildly

Team performance?
Understandably and this is no criticism of whoever picked the team (except for dropping Jeanmal which frankly was incredibly dumb, dumb, dumb!)the boys looked what they are, talented as individuals but as team totaly disjointed and understandably devoid of any confidence, and against a team of equally poor standing a point is not good enough, sorry
Leighton were bottom of the league with a defence that had previousy leaked 18 goals in 7 matches and yet we never really looked like beating them

We played the ball miles too long, and more so in the first half, totally blind. We were panicking, we were clearing our lines,unfortunately when we didn't need to, and when we had time and cheif culprits last night were my favourite player Meady (what a cracking free kick by the way) and Jack who repeatedly put us under pressure with so called long passes that rarely reached or even looked like reaching its intended target and which invariably always came straight back

We also never seem to choice the right passing option, I know its nonsense to say, but we never even seem to look for the right passing option,head down, lets try and dribble through the lot of them!
We continually over play and so often many good offensive positions just vanish and go to waste, so frustraing again

Commitment?
For the main,even in admitting their was little guile and creation, I dont think anyone can fault the lads collective effort, even if some had poor individual performances

In considering everything that has happened no-one I guess would have expected them to go out and shine with the fluidity shown in say our performance at Rugby, and now having a weeks break could not have come at better time really, a god send even
It affords us a chance to re-group, sort out what needs doing and the most important thing of all find a new manager!

So with the youngsters we have who knows, it could still be an exciting season but I rather wonder and fear, that when we line up in ten days, how many of last nights teams might have been lured away.

Its why we need the new manager asap!

A huge improvement? Not for me I am afraid, sorry

4Leighton Game - much improved Empty Re: Leighton Game - much improved Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:15 pm

TBH, I just treat the football as a fun thing MH, I don't really analyse it as much as you or take it as seriously. It's just something I do on Saturdays and Tuesdays. Wink

5Leighton Game - much improved Empty Re: Leighton Game - much improved Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:34 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Or translated from MANC "chill" it's really not that important!!

6Leighton Game - much improved Empty Re: Leighton Game - much improved Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:00 am

MH

trimmtrab wrote:TBH, I just treat the football as a fun thing MH, I don't really analyse it as much as you or take it as seriously. It's just something I do on Saturdays and Tuesdays. Wink

Footbll has to be a fun thing Trim you're spot on mate, take out the fun then whats the point, but from my perspective and as an absolute football nut half the fun comes from not only first analysing but then normally picking holes in everything...................the half comes from deep rooted frustration which also includes the hard hitting realisation that to even think about playing anymore first requires fifteen minutes in an oxygen tent! Very Happy

7Leighton Game - much improved Empty Re: Leighton Game - much improved Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:08 am

MH wrote:
trimmtrab wrote:TBH, I just treat the football as a fun thing MH, I don't really analyse it as much as you or take it as seriously. It's just something I do on Saturdays and Tuesdays. Wink

Footbll has to be a fun thing Trim you're spot on mate, take out the fun then whats the point, but from my perspective and as an absolute football nut half the fun comes from not only first analysing but then normally picking holes in everything...................the half comes from deep rooted frustration which also includes the hard hitting realisation that to even think about playing anymore first requires fifteen minutes in an oxygen tent! Very Happy

Clear, concise and to the point replies are something we both agree on MH!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum