Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chertsey game

+2
a voice in the crowd
mikefarquharson
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chertsey game Empty Chertsey game Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Hmm, what can you say? Not a great deal of entertainment but I think every one should be pretty pleased with a point. Think the settled back 4 of Grace/King/Stevens/Faulconbridge is looking better game by game.

We have climbed a place in the table to 5th from bottom. This means 4 of our last 8 games of the season will be against teams lower than us in the table! We are in an excellent position to stay up, hope we don't blow it.

2Chertsey game Empty Re: Chertsey game Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:37 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

agreed we look ok at the back bar the obvious error which cost us the goal but going forward we just don't look like scoring and what is it with our forwards and winning headers? open your eyes for a start :-) happy with the point after the Leighton game, can't make Tuesday but that like every game now is a big one!!!!

3Chertsey game Empty Re: Chertsey game Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:16 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

We had an ex-professional forward in the back 4, three defenders on the bench, one of which came on as a midfielder, and a lone striker up front. Question
I see it as 2 points lost Crying or Very sad

4Chertsey game Empty Re: Chertsey game Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:54 am

DB

DB

trimmtrab wrote: but I think every one should be pretty pleased with a point.
Pretty pleased?? Didn't have you down as a Chertsey fan Trim scratch 1-0 up & we blew it.
Chertsey have the worst goals against, not only in our league, but the prem & south & west. Conceding 12 in their last 4 games before yesterday & managing just 1 goal.

5Chertsey game Empty Re: Chertsey game Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:46 pm

DB wrote:
trimmtrab wrote: but I think every one should be pretty pleased with a point.
Pretty pleased?? Didn't have you down as a Chertsey fan Trim scratch 1-0 up & we blew it.
Chertsey have the worst goals against, not only in our league, but the prem & south & west. Conceding 12 in their last 4 games before yesterday & managing just 1 goal.

Darren, some people are living under the impression that we have turned a corner. I am not convinced. I am not confident we are capable of beating any team in this league, Marlow included. We would be in absolute sh*te if it wasn't for the early season results. Therefore I am grateful for any points whatever the performances.

6Chertsey game Empty Re: Chertsey game Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:19 pm

mrfish

My take on the game incorperates most of the afore mentioned views.We now have a situation where King will be suspended for 3 games so his dad said.I also thought we played better when Jammas swapped for Spruce I think it was Rolling Eyes

7Chertsey game Empty re David King Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:30 pm

brownie

brownie

mrfish wrote:My take on the game incorperates most of the afore mentioned views.We now have a situation where King will be suspended for 3 games so his dad said.I also thought we played better when Jammas swapped for Spruce I think it was Rolling Eyes

Just to put your mind at rest David is not suspended for three games,but has been warned about his conduct

8Chertsey game Empty Re: Chertsey game Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:18 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

He'll be suspended now as will Ben! not a great time for that to happen

9Chertsey game Empty Re: Chertsey game Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:41 am

Lab

mikefarquharson wrote:He'll be suspended now as will Ben! not a great time for that to happen

Its ok, sign some more players - only 60 used so far! Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum