Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chertsey Game

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chertsey Game Empty Chertsey Game Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:16 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

I don't like to come on here and slate the team for a poor and lucklustre performance so instead I will say that the Chertsey defence did a very good job at managing to get to 95% of every goal kick we had. Chertsey also did very well to intercept almost every Aylesbury pass by just standing still. And the ball looked stunning floating around in the air for the majority of play when it wasn't being hoofed into the trees. Rolling Eyes
No one played exceptionally badly but I did think that Ed had a good game as he at least looked like he was not going to opt for playing skyball.

2Chertsey Game Empty Re: Chertsey Game Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:22 pm

On Twitter it says that the Chertsey manager resigned after the game. If their Number 11 is available, he would be great here.

3Chertsey Game Empty Re: Chertsey Game Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Imp

How are the new recruits settling into the team? Does the defence look more secure (another 3 goals conceded doesn't necessarily suggest that is the case).

4Chertsey Game Empty must do better! Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:36 pm

DB

DB

I didn't think there was much thought went into saturdays game, was our game plan trying to smash the ball through the middle? We will very easily lose more than we win playing like that. In the Chertsey programme notes they write
"there are six or seven mid table clubs all within spitting distance, making this a highly competitive competition. The question is, are all the clubs very good or rather mediocre. We will see!"
15 games in & I've seen 14 of them I think the question should be "are all the clubs very mediocre or rather sh*t!"
Wins are starting to look hard to get & if we don't start getting some points on the board this side of christmas we may find ourselves in an uncomfortable situation come febuary.

5Chertsey Game Empty Re: Chertsey Game Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:58 pm

DB wrote:The question is, are all the clubs very good or rather mediocre. We will see!"
15 games in & I've seen 14 of them I think the question should be "are all the clubs very mediocre or rather sh*t!"

Agree, a play-off place is there for the taking for any team with a hint of a clue. Even St Neots are stumbling around. There may not be a better chance for a few years to sneak into the play-offs, if we click then we could have a very exciting 2nd half to the season

6Chertsey Game Empty Re: Chertsey Game Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:41 pm

DB

DB

You are right TT, I'm just getting really fed up with the under performing, every game we play I think we could win.
The team Steve has now assembled is an attacking team, not unlike the very one he won the league with 2 years ago, but we are never going to "sneak into the play-offs" playing 1 up defensive football(quite the opposite imo). The players to me look like they are chomping at the bit to play a 4-4-2 attacking formation, am I the only one that thinks this Question

7Chertsey Game Empty Re: Chertsey Game Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:30 am

DB

DB

trimmtrab wrote:On Twitter it says that the Chertsey manager resigned after the game. If their Number 11 is available, he would be great here.

Spencer Day left Chertsey last week after bringing them up last season, joined struggling Farnborough in the conference south & took six players with him managing to beat Salisbury 3-1 away in his first game, Chertsey on the other hand ended up getting spanked 7-0 by St Neots. Shame he didn't leave a week earlier !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum