Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Royston tonight

+7
Old Plumb
coach
DB
Pris_Ris_Scott
Will afc
Lab
mikefarquharson
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Royston tonight Empty Royston tonight Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

3 points tonight, nothing less

COME ON YOU MOLES!

2Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:29 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

it's going to be a tough one!

3Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:36 pm

Lab

Tough one to call, Royston look much weaker than last season on paper...

4Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:29 pm

DB

DB

Woo hoo 3 points at last  cheers

5Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Will afc

Nice win tonight ,
Certainly had to grind out the result , the good thing is all the players thought as a team and we were missing 3 key players tonight and still got the 3 points

Onwards and upwards bring on Barton

6Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:28 am

Pris_Ris_Scott

Pris_Ris_Scott

3 points is 3 points so very happy, but god that was messy at times.

if it had ended a draw there wouldnt be much to complain about.

you could see how frustrated Mr bateman was getting before we scored, and us lot behind the goal were not exactly enamoured with how the game was going. none the less, a big 3 points, lets hope it shaves the nerves off the team, and helps them setup for a solid confident and strong performance on saturday.

7Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:43 pm

DB

DB

May have been a bit fortunate at times although I though Price should have had a penalty and if it was their captain that got booked in the 1st half I think he should have walked for his abuse of the lino in the 2nd. Barton Rovers on Saturday, should be an entertaining game 24 goals scored in their 4 games so far.  COYM  cheers

8Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:53 pm

coach

coach

Thought we was very fortunate to get the win..was not a case of us digging it ..was more about Royston missing their chances.could quite easily been 4-1.

9Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:10 pm

mrfish

Agree they missed a hat full of chances,also thought we missed a hat full also.We did well to weather the storm at the end though

10Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:43 pm

Will afc

To be fair , Royston never had shots cleared off the line or hit post or cross bar , all they were doing was pumping balls in the box , we've come along way , the players dug deep in that last 15 min, last season we would of lost that match
The players showed resilience and commitment which was pleasing to see,
Like Scott said a win a win at this stage of season ,

11Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 pm

DB

DB

Will afc wrote:
Like Scott said a win a win at this stage of season ,
Poor grammar Scott  lol!

12Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 am

Jordystallafcdrummer

I've got to agree with will that the players did dig in deep to protect the lead, it's what we need to show in the season, whether we play well or bad we still manage to grind out a result and even a win! From what I've heard and seen this season, we have had a chance at winning every game this season. So there's plenty of positives to take from this game and we should be looking forward to Barton on Saturday!

13Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:49 pm

DB

DB

Royston managers view  Laughing  

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/club-news/castles-reflections-after-aylesbury-defeat/

14Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Very constuctive report from the Royston sribbler,l don't think so!!!,didn't take in to account any of the never say die defending or the missed chanches and penalty shouts we had turned down. They had nothing to Crow about.See you down there O P.

15Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:54 pm

Jordystallafcdrummer

I'm sorry but was he at a different game to the match? A very poor aylesbury team who had one chance, did he miss the French opportunity that their keeper just got too in the first few minutes? And the kyle Anthony effort that was cleared of the line, absolutey clueless. Clearly so big headed he can't see past his eyelids

16Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:07 pm

mrfish

Or he is trying to big his team up for saturday, either way must be deluded

17Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Roystonjez

I was not there on Tuesday night, so cannot comment on the game itself, however after reading our Managers comments on the website and in the local paper I could not believe what he said. I found it very disrespectful that he referred to Aylesbury as another poor side (he did the same about Northwood), the fact is that you won the game and won 3 points.

We, as our Manager has acknowledged are one of the favourites for the league, so far our fans have seen absolutely nothing to back that up.

If I was Bateman, I would cut out his press comments from the local paper and stick them on the changing room and state to the players, "This is what a poor side can do".

I am very embarrassed by what he has said as a longstanding Crows supporter. I wish you all the best for the rest of the season.

Jez

18Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Will afc

Hi jez

We take your managers comments with a pinch of salt, he's come across as a bit of a dick if I'm honest ,

Thanks for your post and honesty,
Royston had lots of possession particular last 20 min of the game and were banging on the door but none of your shoots were on target and the defence coped well,

We had some good chance in first half and a pen claim that 9 times out of 10 would been given ,

All in all if we drew I would not been to upset but no way did u guys deserve to win, even the supporters I spoke after match said we prob just shaded the match on clear cut chances ,

Good luck for the rest of the season

Will

19Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:51 pm

Imp

Sounds like a manager trying to deflect the attention away from his badly performing underachieving team.

20Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:56 pm

Will afc

Very true imp.

21Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:56 pm

DB

DB

Everyone's entitled to have an opinion, I found it quite amusing. I really hope you get back to winning ways real soon Jez  Wink

22Royston tonight Empty Re: Royston tonight Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:24 am

Jordystallafcdrummer

Great honesty jez to come out and say that. Much appreciated from me and most of the fc fans! If I'm honest I was totally shocked at what I was reading, and also slightly embarrassed for Royston as a team when the manager has come out and said that. We had plenty of opportunities, and the only time that I would say you dominated us was the last 15/20 minutes, where our defence stayed strong. Looking forward very much to the away game, will be a great game for both sets of fans!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum