Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fleet disappointment

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fleet disappointment Empty Fleet disappointment Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Easy to blame a poor ref but we just didn't do enough with the chances that we had. Considering Fleet were the home team thought they were very negative and never tried to be positive instead preferring to stick 10 men behind the ball.

All in all, a forgettable afternoon

2Fleet disappointment Empty Quite a few positives too Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:15 pm

DB

DB

Lots of positives as well though, Luke seems to have learnt something, Lamby MoM 3X on the trot, Ben played 90, Faulks is a speed merchant Laughing , think we still need one more player & tinkering of positions, but we will play worse & win. Just wasn't our day today. I expect a lot of teams to play like that against us.

3Fleet disappointment Empty Re: Fleet disappointment Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:07 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

There's lots of positives this year and its a vast improvement on what we endured last season,

4Fleet disappointment Empty Re: Fleet disappointment Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:07 pm

mrfish

Altogether a very forgetable afternoon (I would rather have been xmas shopping, with hindsight).The players that turned up at somewhere at about 2.30pm should be down right ashamed of themselves,they let themselves,club,teammates and us travelling fans down.With a view on the game an out and out striker is needed. Embarassed

5Fleet disappointment Empty Re: Fleet disappointment Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:11 pm

DB

DB

What is an "out and out striker" ?

6Fleet disappointment Empty Re: Fleet disappointment Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Still so much happier than this time last year. Yes we haven't always put it together on the field BUT we have better, stronger players and we can see that there is a plan on the field. I think we will finish top half

7Fleet disappointment Empty Re: Fleet disappointment Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:22 pm

When we were 3-0 down v Fleet about this time last year and I doubt they had won more than a couple of games, I was convinced we were going down.

Massive improvements this year in every department, I am looking forward to some good wins and battling performance through the rest if the year. Well done Craig and Wally.

8Fleet disappointment Empty Re: Fleet disappointment Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:37 pm

DB

DB

No point in comparing ourselves to last year.
We may well have only played 13 league games but the honeymoon period is over for me, it's their team now. We are 10 points adrift of where we should be & I think we have dropped 8 points out of the last 9 against average teams.
We have a tough run til 2013 with Daventry, Godalming, Slough, Guildford, Rugby & Burnham, a run which will probably define our season. Everyone needs to up their game if we are to avoid finishing in a drab midtable position. Only my opinion, I'm sure some of you will be happy with that.
And while I think Craig & Wally are doing a good job, I find it a bit odd as to why you would say well done on the back of two defeats TT, not been drinking in the dog & duck again have you Laughing

9Fleet disappointment Empty Re: Fleet disappointment Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:10 pm

mrfish

Whilst we have looked better in every department this season as opposed to last year,it must be said we could have played all night against Fleet and not scored.We missed 2 good chances ,they scored and that seemed to be the end of us.Was it a mentality thing?Out and out striker means a person who can score goals on a regular basis.An overall view on the season so far is ,not to bad, tinkering needed here and there Wink

10Fleet disappointment Empty Re: Fleet disappointment Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:14 pm

DB

DB

"Out and out striker means a person who can score goals on a regular basis."
This season I think one of our problems lies in getting the ball into decent goal scoring opportunities, Idea give Bri aerial balls he can attack, slip balls behind defenses for JC to run onto, give them 3 chances each & I would expect at least a couple of goals, wouldn't you ?

Tesco's must be the biggest shop in the town but they couldn't sell a thing if it didn't get delivered to them. Crying or Very sad

11Fleet disappointment Empty Re: Fleet disappointment Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:40 pm

mrfish

I can see to a point what you are saying,Idont think its soley down to feeding of the strikers.We will see how craig has viewed the scoring problem come saturday.Up the Moles! cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum