Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Empty Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:54 pm

VkmSpouge

Just saw the score appear on Football Mitoo. What was the match like? That's two league defeats in two games, hope the team can get their league form back on track soon.

2Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Empty Re: Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:22 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Not a good score.

I suppose we can take something good from the fact we scored twice, but conceding 3 goals is not the way forward.
What's happened to the outstanding defensive form we had at the start of the season?

I still think it's a little FA Cup hangover but, from watching the team in the last few weeks, it seems one or two players aren't putting in the effort that they did throughout September.
I don't know if this is due to knocks or injuries, but they need to recapture that scintilating form from the start of the season.
Hopefully, this is just a 'bump' in the season and I'm sure the lads will get back to winning ways in the league very soon Smile

3Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Empty Re: Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:34 pm

I spoke to Mark after the game & he told me he was happy with the performance from his players & how many times would Smith let in two twenty yarder free kicks?I also asked him if Natham should be starting games,from under a pulled down baseball hat came a twinkle from his eyes as he strolled off into the night . Roll on tuesday & Tring Very Happy Very Happy

4Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Empty Re: Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:13 am

Gemini

Keep faith with the team, Mark will get the lads back on track.

http://www.geminicleaningservices.org

5Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Empty Re: Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:51 pm

Sick Note

Sick Note

Bit of a disappointing result and much more effort needs to be put in.

Smithy cannot be blamed for the 2 free kicks, they were extremely well placed and not many top level professional keepers would've saved them.

I somewhat disagree with the comment about our defence, although I respect the opinion. Our defence has been solid for most of the season, Matt Haywood being the cornerstone. Every header called for is won, positioning is great and overall encourangement and motivation is outstanding.

Ben is fairly solid, sometimes indecisive but made some great challenges in this game and worked all the way through.

Meady made some great passes and sent in some great crosses, gagging to be attacked (although, no one was on the far post to bury them!) I'd love to see him thump it at the goal more, looks like he's got a hell of a shot on him. Our very own roberto carlos in the making!

Smyth had a fairly good game but looked exhausted after 70 mins. He did show a good level of determination though.

I stand by my comments last week that Kieron Schmidt is coming on leaps and bounds, at times had a sloppy touch but showed persistance and looked very lively all game. If his touch improved he's be on par with Gareth Price.

Talking of which, was he on the sauce on friday night? Looked very quiet and lost throughout the game. Usually such a joy to watch and an incredible talent, he looked deflated and gave up after half time. I personally want to get a bunjee chord around him and tie him to me in the stand. Time after time he was sucked into the middle and was playing in butlers' position. GARETH, GET OUT WIDE AND HUG THE LINE!!! If he would've stayed wide and the play was switched to the right flank, he'd have skinned their left back until the cows came home. His presence scares teams; they tend to mark him tightly. A) if he stayed out wide he's got the ability to turn left backs inside out, and B) If he is marked and stayed out wide, that would create so much more space for a through ball from centre midfield to the front men.

Matt Butler was fairly solid and broke up a few attacks.

Maynard looked completely out of sorts. He showed no desire and willingness to work for the team, maybe just needs a rest; prime opportunity to get Greg Williams back in the team for a couple of games.

Nathan again failed to hit the target. He seems like he's lost his confidence. I appreciate he only needs to get a goal to get him back on form, but first touch was poor and only completed a few passes. Maybe a few run outs for the reserves would be a plan?

Henney was disappointing, but then he was pretty much playing up front on his own and lacked any decent looking through balls.

I thought it was sad that Mr Eaton waited so long to bring on Mickey O'Farrell. Surely this is the time to get him in for Nathan? In the ten minutes he was on, he showed more desire than the majority of the team. Give him a run out PLEASE!!!!!

Brennan looked tired but i'm not sure how much of that is down to his moaning week in week out. He's beginning to sound like the infamous Mrs Doyle from Father Ted!!! I know he may have the 'footbaling brain' from his pedigree in league football, i just wished he turned his moaning into performances and started earning his money. He has no right to moan at the other players when his performances have been very poor of late. Deano's performances recently would make John and Edward look good in a talent competition. Embarassed

I think we missed Boycie's presence at right back, hope he gets fit again asap.

We are struggling with creativity from the centre of midfield and lacking width. At times when we did play wide it was very effective and were unlucky not to score more.

Lets hope we see some changes for Tring as if we perform as we have done of late, we will get spanked and be spending next season in this same division.

COME ON YOU MOLES, PLAY LIKE YOU WANT IT!!!

6Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Empty Re: Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:38 pm

Meerkat

Meerkat

Sick Note wrote:

I thought it was sad that Mr Eaton waited so long to bring on Mickey O'Farrell. Surely this is the time to get him in for Nathan? In the ten minutes he was on, he showed more desire than the majority of the team. Give him a run out PLEASE!!!!!

I agree with this! It's about time Henney had a decent strike partner!

7Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Empty Re: Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:36 pm

Has anyone seen saturdays report in the ducks herald? Marks quotes "my assessment is it was a great performance but a shocking result" &"playing some of the best football i have seen us play" Shocked scratch scratch

8Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Empty Re: Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:55 pm

Sick Note

Sick Note

You are joking right DB?

I haven't seen the article but i saw the game and it looked the most disjointed we've played for weeks.

Was Mark watching a game sky sports and got confused? There was no fluency or passion about the team from what i witnessed. scratch

9Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Empty Re: Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:21 pm

unfortunately im not!but im hoping he was misquoted & if he wasnt i suggest we ban glue sniffing from the bench Laughing Laughing

10Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Empty Re: Biggleswade United 3 - 2 Aylesbury Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:32 pm

Sick Note

Sick Note

DB wrote:unfortunately im not!but im hoping he was misquoted & if he wasnt i suggest we ban glue sniffing from the bench Laughing Laughing

Quality, LMAO! lol!

I really can't understand what he wants from the team if that quote is correct, in which case he can't have high standards.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum