Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Management Update

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Management Update Empty Management Update Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:33 pm

Mark Eaton

Just to bring you up to speed on the latest news and signings: The last couple of weeks have again brought good and bad I was furious with our defeat to Kingsbury London Tigers especially after the good win against Tring, they were a good side but we again dominated the game especially in the 2nd half played some good football but had no real cutting edge and that is something we are determined to put right. I was both pleased and relieved we got the right result against a very in form Leverstock Green in the first half we were very good but again we should have been home and dry at half time instead we were left defending a slender lead.

Prior to our recent games I had discussed with Trevor, Matt and Jon where I felt we needed to improve and strengthen and the departure of Ross Lafayette made this more urgent and I had planned to shake the squad up for the run in. The last week has been incredibly busy and I have spoken to a number of players who we felt would improve the squad, our criteria wasn't just ability but mental strength and reliability, we have had some frustration, delay and eventual success. On Tuesday night it looked like we would have three new signings but due to varying circumstances we are left with one who is ready to go. We have signed a new forward Grant Carney, Grant is an experienced player with a great pedigree who has scored goals wherever he has been, in recent years he has played for Hemel, Hitchin and Dunstable. He is a very confident person and player and I am sure he is going to prove to be a great addition to an already very strong squad. We may have one or two others coming and going and I will keep you posted, we face a huge week with three important games starting with Dunstable always a tough place to go, we then have Chalfont at home and then visit a vastly improved Hanwell, these games will test our credentials to the limit.

All of the players are under no illusion what's required and we will all be doing our very best to achieve our objectives.

Best wishes
Mark

2Management Update Empty Mark Eaton update Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:32 pm

lord lucan

lord lucan

Thanks for the update Mark,
I hope you can sign a tall front man like Ross was.As we are lacking that sort of front man.I thought the Bucks Herald report on saturday's game didn't reflect how badley out paced we were.If you ever need me to help with motivating the player's at half time give me a shout.....
best wishes,
lord L. Laughing

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum