Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Management Update

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Management Update Empty Management Update Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Mark Eaton

I would like to give you and update after a very busy few weeks for everyone at the club. After the fantastic journey and subsequent disappointment of our FA cup run it was important we drew a line under it and focused fully on the league where we had slipped back due the cup games. Obviously the Biggleswade game was not in the script but as I stated I thought we were very unfortunate to not win the game and I would be surprised if we get beat by 2 25 yard free kicks in one game again this season and in most games we our strikers have found the net. The Tring game last Tuesday being a local derby was vital as I rate them as one of the best teams in the division and I think they showed this on the night. Football is a funny game as we came away with the three points but played better against Biggleswade and got nothing. The most pleasing thing against Tring was our clinical finishing and a mention must be made for the performance from Matt Hayward who continues to be immense with his leadership and will to win.

Our game against Langford was one that give's managers a heart attack I have to admit at 3-0 down I was totally shell shocked and I honestly believe Liam's goal before half time gave us a lifeline. At half time we said the next 45 minutes were the most important of our season as defeat would have been really damaging to our aspirations this season, our whole team had to stand up and be counted. Special praise must go to Trevor whose calm words of encouragement and instructions helped massively to help turn the game around. Our response was magnificent and hopefully the win will get us back on track 3 wins in our last 4 games including the Chalfont cup win is still good form. We need to now put a good run together and I want us to get back to the mean defending that gave us such a good start to the season. We are looking to make one or two improvements to the squad in the next couple of weeks and I will keep you all updated on this

Thank you for your support so far

Mark

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum