Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Management update

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Management update Empty Management update Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Jon Franklin

Below is an update from the management.
The player movements were not confirmed until Thursday evening. Unfortunately Ash (webby) is away therefore has not been able to upload the update as yet.
MANAGEMENT UPDATE

These last two weeks since we were appointed the new managers of Aylesbury FC have absolutely flown by.  Firstly, the players have been extremely supportive of us and have taken on board the new ideas and approaches we are bringing to the club, especially on the discipline side of things, which was clearly lacking when we took over.
From the outset it was clear that we needed to make changes to the personnel and hence in the first few days we parted company with Ricky Miller, Jack Thompson, Bertie Squire-Adams and Ben Hammond and welcomed in Dom Marsala and Scott Orphanou, whom we expect to be excellent signings for us once they find their feet.
It is not always easy in your first game in charge of a football club but at Northwood we feel that the players put the maximum amount of effort in, albeit on an extremely hot day and had we scored earlier, we certainly think we would have gone onto win the game.  However, as is Football, you have highs and lows and Tuesday night at Barton was certainly a low for us.  We played very poorly, making a number of bad decisions, which Barton should have put us out of the game for but we escaped with an undeserved point and guess that taking the positives away from those two games we can say we are unbeaten!
We are now in the middle of a 15 day break from playing competitive football but the boys have been working hard on Thursday and Saturday and we will continue to work hard this week in preparation for Ashford next Saturday.
Within this time we have had further changes on the player front, which has seen both Danny Mead and Kev Mealor leave the club.  Danny has been an excellent player and ambassador for Aylesbury FC and we would like to wish him all the success with Biggleswade Town.  Kev has also proved to be an excellent member to have in the squad, notably for his versatility but when clubs are prepared to offer players a lot more money for their services, sometimes you just can’t compete!  Suffice to say we are working hard on bringing new players to the club, indeed we have some approaches in for players at the moment and also some other players in our minds but ultimately, as we conveyed when we took the job, we are looking to build this team around the talented group of young players at the club, as well as surrounding them with experienced ones.
We look forward to seeing and hearing you all down at Haywood Way next Saturday.
Smithy & Greg

2Management update Empty Re: Management update Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:37 pm

mrfish

Would like to thank you for your post,it keeps us up to date on the to and fro on the player front before the BH gets to us.Meady will be missed as a player and as a nice guy Smile

3Management update Empty Re: Management update Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:15 am

Gemini

Thanks for the update Jon.

http://www.geminicleaningservices.org

4Management update Empty Re: Management update Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:51 pm

DB

DB

"However, as is Football, you have highs and lows and Tuesday night at Barton was certainly a low for us. We played very poorly, making a number of bad decisions, which Barton should have put us out of the game for but we escaped with an undeserved point and guess that taking the positives away from those two games we can say we are unbeaten!"

I am so pleased you fellas have owned up to that! That was possibly the worst overall team performance I have seen since following the club. I had no real problem with team selection, effort or formation but first touch on the whole looked like they had balloons as boots, tactics were terrible & so was distribution, Barton to their credit closed down well & worked really hard. Saturday cant come quickly enough for me!

On a positive note; new signing Scott's work rate/attitude & Daniel Parsons "Hotshot Hamish" style goal at least justified some of the entrance fee cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtKADQnjQmc&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXd0EdUNAnH8T1W

5Management update Empty mmmmmmmmmmm Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:30 pm

brownie

brownie

DB wrote:"However, as is Football, you have highs and lows and Tuesday night at Barton was certainly a low for us. We played very poorly, making a number of bad decisions, which Barton should have put us out of the game for but we escaped with an undeserved point and guess that taking the positives away from those two games we can say we are unbeaten!"

I am so pleased you fellas have owned up to that! That was possibly the worst overall team performance I have seen since following the club. I had no real problem with team selection, effort or formation but first touch on the whole looked like they had balloons as boots, tactics were terrible & so was distribution, Barton to their credit closed down well & worked really hard. Saturday cant come quickly enough for me!

On a positive note; new signing Scott's work rate/attitude & Daniel Parsons "Hotshot Hamish" style goal at least justified some of the entrance fee cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtKADQnjQmc&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXd0EdUNAnH8T1W

Bilmey i don't know which game you watched tuesday night but i can assure you i have seen a lot worse over the years

6Management update Empty Re: Management update Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:30 pm

DB

DB

Show off Laughing Laughing

7Management update Empty re show off Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:03 pm

brownie

brownie

DB wrote:Show off Laughing Laughing

What me pissed head maybe show off Never............lol

8Management update Empty Re: Management update Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:00 pm

DB

DB

Brownie you are right, of course I have seen worse & I have been quite harsh, apologies to all Embarassed . Just annoyed I guess that my children were correctly predicting 8+/10 times where the ball would go & which Barton player would win it.

I know this is going to sound really odd, but did anyone see the referee take a free kick for Barton?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum