Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Management Update

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Management Update Empty Management Update Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Mark Eaton

Just to bring you news of some coming and goings within the squad as we enter a critical phase in our season. I am pleased to announce that we have signed striker Gavin James from Maidenhead on a months loan deal. I have been monitoring Gavin's progress for the last month, he is a quick and direct striker who was making a big impact in the Conference South until he unfortunately suffered a broken leg at Dorchester. Gavin is fully recovered and now needs match time so its a good deal for us, Maidenhead and Gavin himself as he aims to get back in Maidenhead's first team. I have agreed with Drax (Maidenhead's manager) that we will review our agreement at the end of March based on Gavin's progress.

Additionally I have agreed terms with Dunstable's Jonathan Barnett subject to a successful transfer, Jon is a creative player who gets goals from midfield, I have felt that although we have very good midfield players they are all similar in their attributes and we have lacked a player that can break from midfield and chip in with goals, Jon fits the bill and he has successfully played with Grant Carney in the past. Moving the other way is Liam Smyth who has joined Newport Pagnell Town where he has many connections, Liam is a fantastic player who has had horrendous luck with injuries and in his own words has been frustrated that he feels unable to play at the level we all know he is capable. We hope with a fresh start he will get that spark back and return to his old self, next season Liam will be one of the first players I will be looking to sign.

Some of you maybe aware that Dean Brennan has joined Southern League Hemel, I still have a very good relationship with Dean and did not want to loose a player of his caliber as you are aware he suffered a torn thigh muscle at Colney Heath and played 45 minutes for us in a reserve game a couple of weeks ago, after this I felt Dean would still need a couple of weeks before being back in our starting line up but he was keen to play immediately hence the deal with Hemel.

There could be one or two other changes in the next couple of weeks but with the back log of games we are going to need as many fit players as possible, there's no doubt we have had a wobble which has meant we are relying on Chalfont and Tring to slip up but as we have found to our cost it's easy to loose games that on paper you should win. I hope the second half against Chalfont and our win at Hanwell will spark a winning run there are plenty of points to play for and the players and all the management team will be giving everything over the next 2 months to try and win the league, importantly we totally believe we can do it. I would like to thank the whole committee for their continued support in allowing the squad to be strengthened for the final push.

Best wishes

Mark

2Management Update Empty Re: Management Update Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Interviewer: Half time, and England trail Mexico by 2-0.
Mike: Have you heard what the crowd are f*cking shouting? "F*ck
Bassett!" "Bassetts a c*nt!" "Bassetts a b*stard!" "Bassetts a
w*nker!" They shouldnt be f*cking shouting at me, they should be
shouting at you, and do you know why? Because its f*cking
half-time, and were f*cking 2-0 down to the fucking Mexicans! What
the f*cks wrong with you? Get your f*cking fingers out! Wheres
your bottle f*cking gone? [hurls piece of equipment at the
goalkeeper] And f*cking pay attention you c*nt, when Im f*cking
talking to you! If you dont wanna wear the shirt, f*cking take it
off! Theres thousands of kids out there whod die to put that
f*cking shirt on. Get back on the f*cking field, show those
b*stards what you can f*cking do, or you can f*ck off home on the