Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Management update

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Management update Empty Management update Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:42 am

Mark Eaton

Firstly apologies in the delay since my last up date but now seems a the crucial time as the season enters the final furlong. I am sure some of you have wondered what has been happening with different players coming and going so hopefully I can share with you honestly and frankly what has been going on and our plans for the final push:

When we lost to London Kingsbury Tigers early in February it was enough for me to decide that the current squad needed refreshing particularly up front where we were reeling from the sudden loss of Ross Lafayette. I got Jason Castello back from Southern League Premier side Didcot where he had spent a long time on the bench, he has subsequently gone as it looked like after a few games he would have the same situation here so it was only fair to the lad to let him get match time else where and he chose Ardley where he had already established himself. As I have previously reported Liam Smyth went to Newport Pagnell. The biggest loss we have suffered was Grant Carney I believed Grant was just what we needed with his experience and will to win and I was desperately disappointed to lose him but this is simply down to his family commitments, Grant's son Newman is highly rated at Luton Town and Grant has to take him training and matches. We initially thought that other people would share Grant's responsibility but this has not been the case and Grant had to make a difficult but understandable decision. If we need him and he is available Grant would always help us out. We also signed Jonathan Barnet who I had hoped would be the missing key by getting goals from midfield and giving us that bit of creativity in terms of what has happened to Jono since his injury is anyone's guess has we have not been able to make contact, again a disappointing situation. Kevin Mealor has also not been around since the game against Broxbourne where he was on the bench, whilst I understand his frustration he decided not to take part in that game or any since, I have attempted to contact Kevin but as yet we have not spoken. Kia Ridley is playing for Woodford in the Southern league, Kia has been very unlucky with injuries and he needed to play once fit. So in the space of a few days thinking we had too many players we went to not having enough the problem was then increased by injuries and player availability due to work commitments . .

On the plus side Gavin James is with us hopefully right through and I also signed Charlie Mpi from Wealdstone on loan but this is still up in the air on how long so we are taking this game by game but he has already showed his worth and I hope we are able to utilize him a lot more. I would like to thank Gordon Bartlett at Wealdstone who since our FA Cup game has been a real help to me with his sound advice and support. I have also signed Alex Stewart who is dually registered with Marlow, known as stretch he is a very tall striker in the Peter Crouch mode. Some of you will already be aware we have also signed former Premier League and World Cup star Fitzroy Simpson which I imagine is a first for an Aylesbury side. Fitz had initially come in to help me in the dressing room and on the coaching side, he had played at Conference South side Eastleigh last year and seeing how fit he still was I thought that his experience could be vital on and off the pitch, he has given everyone at the club a lift with his enthusiasm and desire. In terms of player numbers we have also have a number of our incredibly talented youth team signed up and after now having watched them several times I am convinced many of them would cope with the demands of the SSMPL. Overall I am happy with the squad for the run in and even some of the players who have moved on maybe able to help us if needed.

I believe after an inconsistent period our recent results would suggest we have turned the corner at exactly the right time, we have made things harder for ourselves but there is a strong belief and determination at the club, we have no divine right to win the league and both Chalfont and Tring are excellent sides, our job is to take care of our business game by game.

All I would ask of you now is come down and support the team in this final stage of the season and I will give you another update in April.

Best wishes
Mark

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum