Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Management Update

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Management Update Empty Management Update Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:29 pm

Mark Eaton

The 2009/2010 season it will go down in history as the year this club arrived, for me it is the greatest and most satisfying I have been involved in as a player or manager and I am so proud of everyone who has worked so hard on and off the field to achieve so much success in such a short period of time. Matt said in his programme notes of last week that we can turn a good season into a great one and thankfully this has come true.

Yes we started with high expectation and we recruited good players but to win the league and cup double, get to the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup, plus have the trophy visit Haywood Way is dreamland. On top of this we have developed the ground to achieve the necessary grading and I am sure you'll all agree Haywood Way has been a great place to watch football this season. On the pitch we haven't always done things easily but this has meant you have enjoyed some great exciting games there are so many highlights to mention. We will all enjoy this moment and celebrate our success together players, management team, supporters and everyone who gives their time up at the club to make our achievements this season possible and we will all keep our own special memories that will last a lifetime. After a well deserved summer rest we'll be back focused to begin competing in the Southern League and I am sure we can more than hold our own.

This season when it really mattered our players stepped up to the plate and we were fortunate to have the experience of Matt, Greg and Steve that went with the energy of our younger players and I am proud of each and everyone of them but this is only the beginning of the journey we have great plans and I believe together we can push this club onto greater heights so Aylesbury can have a football club that is at the heart of the community and one the whole town is proud of. A special mention should go to Danny as without his hard work, enthusiasm and dedication none of this would have been possible this season.

Finally I would like to say thank you for your fantastic support all season it means a lot spread the word and get your family and friends down here for next season we'll soon be announcing some great pre season games in the meantime enjoy our final game of the season and I hope you'll join the celebrations at our presentation evening, enjoy your summer.

With my very best wishes

Mark

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum