Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gareth Dont Go

+3
Thorny-D
DB
lord lucan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gareth Dont Go Empty Gareth Dont Go Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:24 pm

lord lucan

lord lucan

What's this news about Arlesey after our Gareth?
Dont do it son learn your trade hear with us where we all love and need you.
All player's have a rough patch,dont go to money bags Arlesey.You will only end up getting splitters in your arris from the bench.Stay put and help us get into the play-off's.
Lord L. Sad

2Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:39 pm

DB

DB

I think thats a bit unfair to say he will sit on the bench LL, If it was a BSS team I would encourage him to go, its a level unobtainable to us for some time. If he needs the money fair enough, everyones got to make a living, I think they may want a bit more defensive work from him, something that their captain I'm sure will remind him should they be 1-0 down at half time over tea & biccies. Laughing Laughing You never know it might be the making of him.

3Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Too Late...

Gareth's gone. No

4Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:05 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

Shocked,saddened and extremely disappointed by this news, especially after Gareth said not 3 weeks ago to me that he was an Aylesbury boy, would always be an Aylesbury boy and would never consider going elsewhere. Hey Ho just goes to show money talks and...... you know the rest Rolling Eyes

Good Luck Gareth, thanks for the memories, hope you get what you want.

5Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:23 pm

DB

DB

Good luck Gareth, hope you get what you deserve Wink
Who have we got to replace him ? Dave Brown , Lamar MW , Aaron Rogers, Ash could move up with Ben or Riccardo behind him.

6Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Gonna be struggling down that right wing now.

Any chance of getting Ryan Blake back,,,or Felix?

(So depressed, might have to go watch AUFC lose, just to cheer myself up! Laughing )

7Gareth Dont Go Empty gareths gone Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:38 pm

lord lucan

lord lucan

Any chance we can borrow Theo Walcott for a few games.We could give him free
beer and somthing to eat from the tea bar? Laughing
Lord L.

8Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:06 pm

DB

DB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8&feature=related

Laughing Laughing

9Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:23 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi all, has he signed a contract or shall we wait a bit and put a 7 day in, best of luck with the travelling Gareth and dont forget to declare any wages over £100.OO to the Tax Man, wont see ya down there, see you in the playoffs, Bas.

10Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:08 am

MH

It's obvious to all that the team will miss the lad. However dare I suggest, as I fully appreciate how popular he was, is, among the Aylebury faithful, that they miss him more for the fact that we have as we speak no logical relacement as opposed to what he actually and consistently contributed on the pitch?

Now before you all start screaming in indignation, let me explain?

As a youngster he obviously has a lot going for him, even more so as he has the one ingredient that every team fears...pace.

Unfortunately I am afraid, if one harbours aspirations to move up the NL pyramid, having pace on it's own, is simply not enough one needs to know how best to use that pace.

The more I have watched the lad, and this will fly in the face of most opinions, the more evidident it has become to me, that he simply doesn't know how to best use it

For any defender,certainly one with any experince he is comparitively easy to mark as his runs are very predictable and very straight. When shown inside which appens a lot, rather than release to ensure the team keeps posession,he invaribly over runs and the move breaks down, and I don't know if it's just me, but when it happens do not others feel, if only by his body language that he has a tendency to then temporarily sulk rather than do everything in his power to help retrieve the situation?

His biggest fault, and please dont feel I am picking on the lad, I think we will definitely be worse of for his absence, is the fact that he never runs with his head up.
Its as though someone simply presses a trigger in him and of he goes, full steam ahead, head down and inspite of owning incredibly quick feet reguarly appears oblivious to the numerous options open to him or the fact that he is about to run straight into a defender

I do think he has the ingredients to further himself, but simply feel to do he has so much to learn, so much to take on board and he needs to do so quickly

Someone mentioned earlier about Arlesy wanting more from him defensively, and that observation is spot on. Several times in a match Gareth will track back 40,50 yards in an effort to help our the team but equally there will be many times where he will either be caught ball watching or not be aware that the guy he is meant to be watching has just ghosted past him and is now standing in 30 yards of space

As I say he has a lot to learn and if he does, he could become a very good player, but at the moment, just like his tackling he is I feel open to vast levels of improvement

...and if he thinks Mark or Alan can get on his case sometimes for stuff he isn't doing, at Arlsey if he doesn't track back, or god forbid he pulls out of tackles, such verbal volleys will seem like whispers behind the levels of boll ockings he will get from their skipper Derek Brown!

Like most I wish the lad well, but after watching many NL matches at all levels, without any beration, I do question the motives,and indeed wisdom of any player who moves between teams at the same level

If he, or indeed any player wishes to move up the pyramid to further his career one can only encourage him, and even if we are all sad to see that player go, he surely does so with supporters best wishes and understanding.

Lets hope that young Gareth does well at his new club,but I rather think we missed Blakey a lot more, the only difference there was almost immediately we had the perfect replacement

Ending on a positive note I also have a rather sneaky suspicion that between them, Mark and Al will soon find a suitable replacement, as one thing is clear, unlike Blakey currently there is no logical replacement for him which for sure does leave us with a hole to fill, lets hope it's just a temoporary one

11Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:35 pm

DB

DB

I'm pretty sure we can put his departure down to finances, just another mercenary footballer, who'd have guessed, foolishly we thought he was one of us, thats the kick in the teeth!
I've not got Blakey down as a natural winger, he's got bags of pace but for me he's a striker.

"Ending on a positive note I also have a rather sneaky suspicion that between them, Mark and Al will soon find a suitable replacement"
I agree, but I don't think we need a knee jerk reaction from them, this squad is good enough to be able to carry that position for a time. cheers cheers

12Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

What about the Windsor & Eton situation?

I'm sure some of their (ex)players would like to continue playing first team football and, possibly, have something to celebrate at the end of the season if we reach and do well in the play-offs?

13Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:28 pm

MH

DB wrote:I'm pretty sure we can put his departure down to finances, just another mercenary footballer, who'd have guessed, foolishly we thought he was one of us, thats the kick in the teeth!
I've not got Blakey down as a natural winger, he's got bags of pace but for me he's a striker.

"Ending on a positive note I also have a rather sneaky suspicion that between them, Mark and Al will soon find a suitable replacement"
I agree, but I don't think we need a knee jerk reaction from them, this squad is good enough to be able to carry that position for a time. cheers cheers

I think calling the lad a mercenary is very harsh. Whilst its not unusual for some players to move on for the sake of a tenner which to me is total ball shite, though likely, we dont know if thats the fact here.
It would be equally speculative to say he left because he didn't like, in my opinion the rightful stick he sometimes took from the bench, but with going to a team with browny in it, will give the lad no respite if that is the case

I agree with you DB about Blakey, which is why I saw his departure as a bigger loss, replacing him quickly wouldn't be a knee jerk reaction at all, it would be sensible. I am so impressed with the collective qualities shown by what is a very young squad, but for all their individual and combined fortes and strengths, I for one could not from our squad pick any current player to play out on the wing?

14Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Jon Franklin

I can inform you Mark and his management team are working hard to strenghen the squad and have indeed been very active today, there are a couple of areas Mark and myself are in agreement that need to be filled and the depth of the squad is a bit fragile.
Reference the Windsor and Eaton situation I can confirm Mark is talking to a couple of players the problem is those who are on contract cannot sign for another club until the FA make a decision as this obviously affects the players and money they should have earnt.
The moving on of Gareth is a shame and we wish him all the best however I am personally disappointed as he has not moved to a higher level and I would say they are no better than us as a club other than there very large wage bill which obviously has played a part in Gareths move.
I wish Gareth all the best we will move on as a club as its not about one player, I or Marks Management team will keep you update on any news.

15Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:36 pm

MH

Jon Franklin wrote:I can inform you Mark and his management team are working hard to strenghen the squad and have indeed been very active today, there are a couple of areas Mark and myself are in agreement that need to be filled and the depth of the squad is a bit fragile.
Reference the Windsor and Eaton situation I can confirm Mark is talking to a couple of players the problem is those who are on contract cannot sign for another club until the FA make a decision as this obviously affects the players and money they should have earnt.
The moving on of Gareth is a shame and we wish him all the best however I am personally disappointed as he has not moved to a higher level and I would say they are no better than us as a club other than there very large wage bill which obviously has played a part in Gareths move.
I wish Gareth all the best we will move on as a club as its not about one player, I or Marks Management team will keep you update on any news.

Totally agree Jon, to move from one team to another in the same league, does not normally enhance career prospects, and I am normally dismayed when players especially youngsters do so
How many years and how many bad experiences or at best disapointments have we all been through to learn that indeed the grass is not always greener

What staggers me with their reputed wage bill, that they actually want the lad. Hopefully I am not disprespecting
the lad, but if they paying decent money, I know of many wingers that would prove to be a far greater proposition and certainly offer more than young Gareth. Like you I wish the lad well, as I do any youngster making a move, but in my books he has a lot to prove to himself never mind any club he plays for

16Gareth Dont Go Empty Re: Gareth Dont Go Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:32 pm

A frustrating player who always look dejected and offered an unwillingness to tackle.

The Chris Waddle of Southern league footie

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum