Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steve Smith

+2
Thorny-D
Imp
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Steve Smith Empty Steve Smith Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Imp

Surprised no one has commented on the story in the Herald that the prodigal son has returned. Where does that leave the "Italian Stallion"?

2Steve Smith Empty Re: Steve Smith Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

While it's nice to have an accomplished goalkeeper like Steve back in the fold and as good as he is, I think "Ryan Blake returns" would have been a much more preferred headline Sad

3Steve Smith Empty Re: Steve Smith Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:12 pm

DB

DB

http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/sport/football/aylesbury-fc/keeper_smith_returns_to_aylesbury_fc_1_2398585

Smithy's come back looking for his cake Laughing Laughing

Welcome back Steve, hope you enjoy your time with us

Imp, get a bigger spoon Laughing

Last edited by DB on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sarcasm)

4Steve Smith Empty Re: Steve Smith Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Imp

Touchy!!!! Laughing It's a valid point, the Italian has just signed for the first team in a hail of plaudits, and now the best keeper the club has had for many years has returned. 2 into 1 won't go! Question

5Steve Smith Empty Re: Steve Smith Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Oh dear,,,look's like we have a 'Grumpy Gus' on the Bucks Herald website, who has nothing better to do that make derogatory comments about Aylesbury FC.

Another disgruntled AUFC fan by any chance? Laughing

http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/sport/football/aylesbury-fc/blow_for_fc_as_54_goal_henney_is_ruled_out_until_april_1_2391550

6Steve Smith Empty Re: Steve Smith Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:28 pm

DETD

The guy is slagging off Aylesbury United too from what I can see?

Seriously don't understand the paranoia of some people.

7Steve Smith Empty Re: Steve Smith Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Thorny-D

Thorny-D

Jealous of our success perhaps?

8Steve Smith Empty Re: Steve Smith Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:19 pm

DB

DB

Imp wrote:Touchy!!!! Laughing It's a valid point, the Italian has just signed for the first team in a hail of plaudits, and now the best keeper the club has had for many years has returned. 2 into 1 won't go! Question

If Vincenzo is injured what can Mark do, do we know how long he's out for? We are up for promotion,(I didn'nt know that until Brownie posted) would you fiddle while Rome burns?
What would you do Imp if you was in charge ?

Excellent bit of business, excellent, well done Mark cheers

9Steve Smith Empty Re: Steve Smith Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:16 pm

the people's champ

well, where does this leave Scatty and Rocky?? We have gone from no goalkeepers to 4!! Somehow I think we may see one or even 2 move on, Rocky being the most likely

10Steve Smith Empty Re: Steve Smith Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Gemini

Welcome back Steve Smith cheers

http://www.geminicleaningservices.org

11Steve Smith Empty Re: Steve Smith Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Imp

DB wrote:
Imp wrote:Touchy!!!! Laughing It's a valid point, the Italian has just signed for the first team in a hail of plaudits, and now the best keeper the club has had for many years has returned. 2 into 1 won't go! Question

If Vincenzo is injured what can Mark do, do we know how long he's out for? We are up for promotion,(I didn'nt know that until Brownie posted) would you fiddle while Rome burns?
What would you do Imp if you was in charge ?

Excellent bit of business, excellent, well done Mark cheers

Its a difficult one I admit. Smith approaches the club and says he is available, its a no brainer not to take him. However, I don't think either of the back up keepers has let the club down badly in the interim, so both might feel slightly aggrieved to have been cast aside again. The Italian question is an interesting one. Presumably Mark Eaton has seen a bit of him in training and maybe thinks Smith is the better option. If this is the case I can't see the Italian hanging around at this level.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum