Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Rugby beat Hitchin

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How Rugby beat Hitchin Empty How Rugby beat Hitchin Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:26 pm

Boris

If you look on the Rugby Forum you will see the following posting by "ceejay" the day before their match at Hitchin.

"I have seen Hitchin play several times this season and have noticed their weaknesses. They are a one-dimensional team who cannot seem to change their style of play. Instructions from the bench are minimal. The manager/coach doesn't have a "Plan B". If things are not working they do not seem to be able to change their game-plan.

Yes, I know they are top of the division and are unbeaten this season, but they have faded of late and seem to have lost their early season ideas. They struggled against 10 man Slough and have only just salvaged draws or wins in their last home games. They are lightweight up front and lack height at the back.

So how do you beat them? Don't treat them with the respect that most other clubs have done. Show them that you mean business. They flinch from the physical side of the game and several of their players pull out of the fifty-fifty tackle. Show them who's boss. Keep a couple of fast players back to handle the pace of their front men and push any big men up to negate their flimsy defence."

Rugby are the only team to beat Hitchin this season so perhaps these tactics worked.

2How Rugby beat Hitchin Empty Re: How Rugby beat Hitchin Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:41 pm

DB

DB

Thanks Boris, but I'm sure Mark has it all in hand, With Ricky chomping at the bit at the moment & Sid winning 8/10 headers they must be hoping its called off again, I expect us to beat them & will be a little disappointed if they get a point cheers

Is Gerry the one with the hair Laughing

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum