Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Craig quits

+10
Mr Ron
mikefarquharson
mrfish
Chatty
Imp
Oldtimer
Old Plumb
Pris_Ris_Scott
coach
Will afc
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Craig quits - Page 3 Empty Re: Craig quits Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:28 pm

coach

coach

Lab wrote:
coach wrote:
Leon wrote:Seems to me that you chaps need Captain Scarlet to deal with the Mr Rons of this world... Cool
Ain't your forum good enough for your comments Mr leon!
Will you be keeping your job when the new manager comes in Coach?
Pretty sure as i don't coach the 1st team!

52Craig quits - Page 3 Empty Re: Craig quits Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:41 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

I have been reading MR Ron's post about the academy. He is right. The academy is just a money making venture. Aylesbury have lots of talented youth players around, but the club do nothing to attract them. The academy run by Craig isn't based on football ability. No disrespect to the boys who go to it. It's just another way of going to sixth form. To be honest they aren't very good at football as a team. What the club need to do is get around and watch school football and Sunday league youth football and do some proper scouting. I could put together a team of youth players that would be good. And most of them are good enough to play for Aylesbury one day. Ollie Hogg is a quality player, but I know another load who are just below his level who given a chance would not be out of place playing at FC. Someone from the club needs to get out and about and look.

53Craig quits - Page 3 Empty Re: Craig quits Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:03 pm

TG

Really!!! For a first cohort that was put together last minute with no time for recruitment I think getting 11 plus is a complement to Craig, the money that has already been given to the club is more than the other academy ever did! An academy that actually makes money for the club, surely is better than one that isn't!! Plus the academy at mandeville and the youth team has been going for longer than the new academy so to expect class players is both naive and narrow minded! Maybe seeing the positives over the negatives is better and seeing how it develops over the years the others have will be fair then comment!! Always negative people!! They do my head in!!

54Craig quits - Page 3 Empty Re: Craig quits Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:48 pm

Oldtimer

Meanmachine and Mr Ron you are both bang out of order regarding the academy boys! You have no right to critise there football ability, what do you ghink an academy is......they are there to learn various sills from football skils obviously, coaching skills, ref, lino etc. they are there for an education and if thry are going to go through to the under 18's & 1st then let them. Stop talking about the lads education its just unacceptable!

55Craig quits - Page 3 Empty Re: Craig quits Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:16 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Your right. I'm sorry about that. I apologise. My point wasn't meant to be directed at the boys or insult them. But I don't like these sports academy they are popping up everywhere. And I think they are used more to make money for the people who run them. Education should be free. I was trying to make the point about how to find players for the future for FC.

56Craig quits - Page 3 Empty Re: Craig quits Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:39 pm

TG

What don't you like about them?
Do they provide education for school leavers? YES
Do they offer football for school leavers? YES
Do they provide an income stream for the associated club? YES
Do they provide players coming through? YES
Do they promote grass routes and coaching for the younger age groups? YES
getting an academy or football programme off the floor is hard enough, I read Craig's report and it seems people like meanmachine100 and Mr Ron are the types that Craig mentioned about being almost impossible!! Personally I'm glad the academy is here as it begins to cement the foundations to the above!! And yes Craig probably is making money out of it but so what!! Do we all go to work for free??
The academy will find players I'm sure as it is a 9-5 job not an odd Monday or Wednesday night job so I'm looking forward to it developing and maybe finding the next star for AFC over the the next couple of years!!

57Craig quits - Page 3 Empty Re: Craig quits Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:12 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Sounds like the education you get at school, which is free.

58Craig quits - Page 3 Empty Re: Craig quits Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Oldtimer

Well said TG!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum