Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bucks Herald

5 posters

Has the BH let AFC down?

Bucks Herald Bar_left85%Bucks Herald Bar_right 85% [ 11 ]
Bucks Herald Bar_left8%Bucks Herald Bar_right 8% [ 1 ]
Bucks Herald Bar_left7%Bucks Herald Bar_right 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bucks Herald Empty Bucks Herald Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:09 pm

Have i been dreaming the last week?did the FA cup really come to town for the first time on thursday? did we really get a mention in the Sun & a big write up in the Mirror?wasnt it the biggest game in the Town for years? was there over 600 fans there?nice piece on the ADL & a nice write up on Tring,have they moved the county boundary?BH hang your head in shame. Evil or Very Mad

2Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm

Sick Note

Sick Note

DB wrote:Have i been dreaming the last week?did the FA cup really come to town for the first time on thursday? did we really get a mention in the Sun & a big write up in the Mirror?wasnt it the biggest game in the Town for years? was there over 600 fans there?nice piece on the ADL & a nice write up on Tring,have they moved the county boundary?BH hang your head in shame. Evil or Very Mad

I quite agree, It's stupid that the Herald overlooks the brightest prospect in football in the Aylesbury area. We have the potential to go far and could do with regular coverage to reach the local community and make them aware of AFC.

How can we have been overlooked with recent events is beyond me.

we should get loads of comments on this and submit it to the press office!!!

3Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:16 pm

its got to be a deliberate snub ....but why?

4Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Sick Note

Sick Note

DB wrote:its got to be a deliberate snub ....but why?

It can only be one thing; An office load of AUFC supporters!!! LOL.

Seems strange i must admit. Almost tempted to give them a call. In the early stages this year, there were a few articles, but it's just tapered off gradually.

It does seem somewhat stupid on the heralds' part that we had a big national story, which could've easily been covered by a reporter there, easy news that wouldn't take a lot of effort to cover and localised. It would be a much better fill than endless adverts of dodgy bobs cowboy motors etc, and they have missed out, Yet the nationals got in as soon as they could.

Sloppy reporters at the Herald!!!

5Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:40 pm

maybe they could call it the ducks herald & cover more out of county news Very Happy

6Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:23 pm

i also looked at the photo of boycie shirt pulling & wondered if they could not have found a more flattering picture ?how many pictures must have been taken of the penalty kick with 2 minutes notice before it taking place? scratch

7Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:38 pm

Sick Note

Sick Note

DB wrote:i also looked at the photo of boycie shirt pulling & wondered if they could not have found a more flattering picture ?how many pictures must have been taken of the penalty kick with 2 minutes notice before it taking place? scratch

I must admit, I have not seen the said photo,(Do you have a link to follow?) but it begs the question!!

Obviously camera film is of a shortage at the Ducks Herald.

8Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:45 pm

Geoffrey Herbert

Geoffrey Herbert

Dont expect anything from the Bucks Herald. Its a dreadful excuse of a local rag.

And Sick Note, your constant AUFC jibes are starting to get boring. I am convinced you have an obsession with us.

9Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Sick Note

Sick Note

Geoffrey Herbert wrote:Dont expect anything from the Bucks Herald. Its a dreadful excuse of a local rag.

And Sick Note, your constant AUFC jibes are starting to get boring. I am convinced you have an obsession with us.

As far as i'm concerned, give as good as you get.

10Bucks Herald Empty Bucks Herald lack of coverage Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Old Plumb

Old Plumb

Hi all, we got the same treatment last year when we had simular runs in the F.A.cup and Vase. Any so called EDITORS OR OWNERS should be ashamed of the coverage they gave to both the first visit of the F.A.CUP to Aylesbury Town and the match on Saturday. It has been the same treatment dealt out to us for years now, by not reckonising the fact we are a senior team that represents the town in the six counties covered in our level five pyramid league. More money,time and effort is spent on reporters and camera men on the A.D.L. coverage and out of the Bucks county border teams, whos sport reports are covered in that areas local paper, a sister paper to this one. You wont find any of the Bucks reports in the above sports pages I wager. I hope our lads at the top get onto the case again, as this has been a constant headache for us , especially Danny , over the past years. The reporters must surely look at this site to glean info, so there is no excuse.So please post some form of explaination for your lack of interest in our club, IF ITS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE NATIONAL PRESS, SURELY ITS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE HERALD, see ya down there Bas.

11Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:27 am

I eventually got to speak to reporter Adam King, he was very polite but told me the FA cup was "old news", & had AFC won the match the BH would have put a celebratory photo instead of an "action photo". He also assures me AFC get more coverage than Tring.I found a nice report on BH web site by Adam who i may have been a little short to earlier, sorry Adam (he tells me he reads this)
http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/sport/Heartbreak-for-Aylesbury-FC-as.5762315.jp

12Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:28 pm

Sick Note

Sick Note

DB wrote:I eventually got to speak to reporter Adam King, he was very polite but told me the FA cup was "old news", & had AFC won the match the BH would have put a celebratory photo instead of an "action photo". He also assures me AFC get more coverage than Tring.I found a nice report on BH web site by Adam who i may have been a little short to earlier, sorry Adam (he tells me he reads this)
http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/sport/Heartbreak-for-Aylesbury-FC-as.5762315.jp

Hopefully he'll read it more and become more interested in the club. 'OLD NEWS'??? Of course it's old news now adam (if you are reading this) If you'd have been down at Haywood Way the other thursday it would've been up to date news, but you guys at the 'Ducks Herald' were too slow!

I wish they'd make a concerted effort to support and give coverage to their local team that are right under their noses. It's more relevant to the community than tring and the likes.

ADAM;- SIGN UP SICK NOTE AND YOU NEED NEVER WORRY ABOUT COVERING AN AFC STORY AGAIN!!! bounce

13Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:02 pm

i see the Advertiser managed 3 pictures regarding the FA CUP,im glad the sports editor isnt in charge of the whole paper.I also think AK is a AFC fan Very Happy

14Bucks Herald Empty re bucks herald,reporting on AFC Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:41 pm

lord lucan

lord lucan

Guy's
Don't be to hard on the Herald or Adam.I think its a learning curve between
us and the paper.You may have noticed we are getting more coverage,more so in the Advertiser after a tuesday night match.Im even getting credited with my match
reports.So let's all work together on this and dont make a mountain out of a mole
hill.
best wishes
Lord Lucan Laughing

15Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:49 pm

aylesburyfootball.co.uk

aylesburyfootball.co.uk

First of all, I would like to add my congratulations to the club on their fantastic FA Cup effort and their great start to their first season - they are certainly doing the town proud.

On the subject of The Bucks Herald, I must agree that the coverage of the game against Wealdstone - and indeed the visit of The FA Cup - was poor. It was a bit pathetic to put that picture in as as well as I'm sure they must have taken several more intersting ones!!

My main reason for contributing to this post is the references made to The Aylesbury & District Football League (ADL).

Looking at their handbook for this current season, I note that their first Premier Division champions were crowned back in 1924 and the league has been going ever since. It is going from strength to strength and now attracts teams from outside the local area from as far as Downley in Wycombe. The ADL has also bred some good local talent - some of which now feature in your first team line up week in week out.

I moved to Aylesbury some 10 years ago and live in the next street to Haywood Way. As a football person (referee, editor of the local Sunday website, FA registered referee assessor etc), I am delighted to have a top class football team on the doorstep - even if some of my 'non-football' neighbours do have some concerns - especially with the number of cars parked all over the place when the Wealdstone game was being played!!

During those ten years, myself, along with the rest of the football fans in Aylesbury have seen the demise of AUFC along with the decaying of one of the countries top non-league stadia at its level. Also, Aylesbury FC has had several names in those 10 years and maybe the public are not quite ready to 'believe' and get behind you until you are more established.

Maybe this is why The ADL will continue to get the extensive coverage it deserves - at least for the time being!!

http://www.aylesburyfootball.co.uk

16Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:52 pm

APATHY is not an option in my opinion! Embarassed

17Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:42 pm

Geoffrey Herbert

Geoffrey Herbert

Sick Note wrote:
Geoffrey Herbert wrote:Dont expect anything from the Bucks Herald. Its a dreadful excuse of a local rag.

Picking a fight with your betters isnt the right way of going about it. Find something useful to do with your half term break.

18Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Sick Note

Sick Note

Geoffrey Herbert wrote:
Sick Note wrote:

Picking a fight with your betters isnt the right way of going about it. Find something useful to do with your half term break.

I've got better things to do with my time than pick a fight with you....like sweet f.a. You are such a loser.

Do feel free to come along though if your balls are as big as your ego. lol!

19Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:26 am

Geoffrey Herbert

Geoffrey Herbert

Sick Note wrote:
Geoffrey Herbert wrote:
Sick Note wrote:

I've got better things to do with my time than pick a fight with you....like sweet f.a. You are such a loser.

I did laugh at that last phrase. If thats a call out, make sure your mouth can write cheques your ass can cash.

20Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:56 am

Sick Note

Sick Note

Geoffrey Herbert wrote:
Sick Note wrote:
Geoffrey Herbert wrote:
Sick Note wrote:

I did laugh at that last phrase. If thats a call out, make sure your mouth can write cheques your ass can cash.

By the sounds of it Mr Herbert you are one whos field of expertise is cashing things in peoples asses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum