Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bucks Herald...........

+6
Afro daddy
Imp
mrfish
meanmachine100
DB
mikefarquharson
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Bucks Herald........... Empty Bucks Herald........... Wed May 23, 2012 9:13 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

BH "If the abuse was to do with football then fine but some was not and it's just idiots sat behind computers spouting off, who have not got the bottle to say it to my face"

The "ABUSE", not what I'd call it, was all based around football. We had a decent set of players and were playing frankly shocking football and getting beaten left right and centre. I buy a season ticket each year, spend money in the bar, attend events, help around the place and so am entitled to my opinion. Mine and others opinion that The Manager was not upto the job appears to have been an opinion that the Club agreed with and I look forward to more prosperous times ahead

Signed - An Idiot!!!!

2Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Wed May 23, 2012 2:36 pm

DB

DB

I loved it, all season he has had to be tight lipped, we've ripped him on here & he's not been able to respond, I'm sure he'd like to say a lot more but wont be able to as he's staying with the Club. Anyone that spends their time or their money at the Club is entitled to an opinion, good or bad. We are a 21st Century Club, we use the forum first before pitch side jeering, I think that's a good thing. Perhaps some of the management etc could use the forum, not giving away their true identity like one or two other teams do, they could comment/defend/explain their actions in a third party way.(& not only when there's trouble)
think it also shows that,
When the fans speak the Club listens but are not make prepared to make decisions lightly
Smithys not a quitter
Any incoming manager better aim high
We made the back page of the last broadsheet Bucks Herald , History in the making!
It's all very healthy stuff & keeps everyone on their toes.
Is this a case of power to the people?

Steve's most triumphant moment, love the last few seconds, is that directed at us? Laughing

http://www.sloughtownfc.net/video/4737

3Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Wed May 23, 2012 2:39 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

cyclops an excellent result but we all know we should have lost that one as well!!!! Very Happy anyway onwards and upwards looking forward to a much more prosperous time ahead!!!! I might play Yazz - The Only Way is Up next year!!!

4Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Wed May 23, 2012 2:43 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

They way I read it is you seem to think as you have a season ticket and spend a few quid in the bar. You should be running the club. Well why don't you put your name in the frame to be manager. Then the other supporters can shout abuse at you. I don't think you'd like that. Steve gave his time to help try a make an difference get off his back. Read some of the rubbish written and be ashamed mate. How would you like it if everybody slagged you off in public. And some of the stuff at games was abuse. don't try and justify it.

5Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Wed May 23, 2012 2:54 pm

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Whoever you are, nothing to be ashamed of and I am sure Steve is a lovely guy. The flack was purely based on football, we are all entitled to our opinions, that's football!

6Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Wed May 23, 2012 3:24 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

I am someone who's fed up with you trying to justify the abuse and seeing a young man who gave his time being slagged off. Like they say people in glass houses. A small group of you think what you are doing is good for the club. How can you gloat at a manager getting the sack. Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited by meanmachine100 on Tue May 29, 2012 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

7Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 24, 2012 6:26 pm

mrfish

Here we go!It didnt take long,we all have opinions on Steves tenure as manager,bottom line is that we stayed up and he done as he said he would,we all say thanks for doing so.I think he should have learnt the job of 1st team manager before taking on such a task.Being slated off goes with the job as we all know better.All of us on this MB are known to the club who voice our opinions,all of us are approachable to talk about things if needed Rolling Eyes

Last edited by mrfish on Thu May 24, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 24, 2012 6:44 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Another one of the boys justifying there action under the football banner. Like I said to your mate have the balls and put yourself up for the managers job and let the honest good fans have a go at you. See if you like it. Steve stated in the BH your action were out of order and caused him hurt. There's a group of you who think you speak for the true fans. Why don't you all go and watch Aylesbury utd. You all think you clever. Well your not your destroying the club. And I've also got free speech on this forum so if you don't like it don't read it. I'm pro Steve Smith and he's got more balls than all of you.

Last edited by meanmachine100 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total

9Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 24, 2012 6:57 pm

mrfish

Nobody has said that you cannot air your views on this MB.Fact is that steve didnt do agood enough job as the club is currently looking for a new manager big balls or not(what ever that means).Looking forward to reading more postings MM100.By the way we used to watch AUFC Razz We were there on presentation night.Not approached by him so things cannot be that bad.Said goodbye to him on the way out the front door!

10Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 24, 2012 7:23 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Shows the class of the man that he said goodbye to a group of people who forced him to resign. It's not good enough to say its alright to abuse people who are football managers and then say it goes with the territory. How would you like someone abusing you in the pub. That fact that people have gloated on this forum about the abuse dished out to Steve shows how bad some of the supporters are. I'm ashamed to witness it. People need to take a look at themselves.

Last edited by meanmachine100 on Sat May 26, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

11Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 24, 2012 7:33 pm

mrfish

Read what I posted MM100.Because what you have written is all twisted and probably bitter as well.Happy postings.Must say you have been very active since joining 2 days ago Very Happy

12Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 24, 2012 7:59 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Obviously you don't like any opposing views to yours. Glad your keeping an eye on my forum activities. Should i have asked your permission if I could post my views. Typical it's clear some supporters have been whispering in the chairmans ear in the bar. And isn't bitter what you drink when your holding court at the bar.

13Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Imp

Could almost be Steve Smith himself - or perhaps his brother?

14Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 24, 2012 8:56 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

How about I'm just a decent person looking after the interest of someone who has been getting slaughtered on this forum. but maybe that's a bit to difficult for you to comprehend. Have a sleep on it.

15Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 24, 2012 9:07 pm

Imp

You just seem to be taking it a bit personally. Steve Smith managed to keep the club up, but only just. It was not a fantastic performance from the bench, tactics seemed at odds with the match situation at times, and his naivety and inexperience shone through. Sometimes change is necessary. A repeat of last season at the start of the next could be critical for the club.

16Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 24, 2012 9:20 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

What I've said all along is it isnt ok any time to abuse someone the way a few supporters have. Read the BH and tell me you can't feel sorry for Steve. I'm not related to Steve I'm a Aylesbury supporter and I'm realistic about what level the clubs at. A few on this forum talk happily about driving the manager out. All I've said is they should be ashamed the way they are carrying on. I know for fact that the attitude of a few are driving away young supporters. Its not nice to hear swearing at games.What good is that to the club. We haven't got the money to be force that some are talking about. I went on this forum to point out to people that not every fan was happy with Steve leaving.

17Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Afro daddy

Afro daddy

smith was a good manager but it was time for him to step down but who can we sign as manager now watch out mr bean here we come

18Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri May 25, 2012 12:34 am

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

meanmachine100 wrote: I know for fact that the attitude of a few are driving away young supporters. Its not nice to hear swearing at games.What good is that to the club.

Good point Trolly, sorry I meant MM100, the next manager really should ensure that he and his players watch their mouths next season. At the very first Aylesbury FC game that I went to I was told to F Off by an Aylesbury player.

but maybe it was more down to bad results, and sometimes shockingly poor displays.

And for the record, I like Steve as a person, and I am glad that he will be continuing at the club in a different role as I am sure that he will do well in it, but I did find some of his tactical decisions confusing and frustrating to say the least. I have no inclination to become a manager so unfortunately I will not step up to the mark, but whilst I continue to support Aylesbury FC I shall be like any other true fan of any football club and I shall sing when we are winning, moan when we are losing and regularly post my opinion on the forum. And in your own words, if you don't like it, don't read it.
I wait in anticipation for your next informative and heartfelt post.

(and he waddled away, till the very next day)

19Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri May 25, 2012 12:41 am

Afro daddy

Afro daddy

i have only been watching aylesbury for a couple of months now and i can say the discipline is dreadful i do hope the new manager will be able to rule with an iron fist not get pushed over by the players and the fans by all the abuse that has been brewing up over the past couple of months

20Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri May 25, 2012 9:39 am

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

It's obvious to me that there is a small few who are trying to force the chairman into a direction that could have disastrous consequences very soon. I've put my point over and have finished . I hope you get what your loyal support deserve from the next season. Let's hope the new manager doesnt get the type of support the last manager got. Because as I've be told its your club. And as its football anything goes and it isn't personal. So that's good news for the new man.

21Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri May 25, 2012 11:07 am

DB5FRANK

Im a fan of the club, and always keep an eye on the forums - but have never felt a reel need to post one until now. The whole manager thing, should he have stayed or not - well, that is down to the board. But I have to agree with the Meanmachine100's point of view - I know everyone wants the club to do well, but really....... Is there a need to bad mouth someone that has put his heart in to the job?
How would people like it if they were slated for doing there job?? I feel its like a subtle form of bullying.
This is football, and respect is one of the key words at the minute....... I "RESPECT" that the board made a decision - even if i dont agree with it.
I "RESPECT" that people can have an opinion about someone

SO all I ask, is to "RESPECT" someone who worked there heart out for a club we support.

22Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri May 25, 2012 12:48 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

At last another fan who understands what I have been trying to say. There are Aylesbury fans out there who are decent understanding people. Thanks for the support DB5FRANK. Maybe the club has a chance to survive if enough of us support the chairman and dont demand changes at every turn. We had a young manager who was finding his way round the job and I believe he would have been better next season. As I've said before there is a lot of talent coming through at youth level and Steve would have been the man to bring them on in a couple of years. Aylesbury is a hot bed of football and needed a local lad to understand that. But thats all pie in the sky now thanks to a few short sighted people. Nuff RESPECT

23Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri May 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Dean Brennan Fan Club

Dean Brennan Fan Club

meanmachine100 wrote:Nuff RESPECT

Nuff s**t!

24Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri May 25, 2012 10:49 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Great input Dean Brennen fan club. Bet you don't swear on match days. You sound like an upstanding gentleman. Has it took you long to come up with your thoughts. Or did it just flow. Have you thought of taking up poetry for a living. I will leave a colouring book for you behind the bar. No insult intended as its only football.

25Bucks Herald........... Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri May 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Dean Brennan Fan Club

Dean Brennan Fan Club

meanmachine100 wrote: I will leave a colouring book for you behind the bar.

why, was it too hard for you to finish ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum