Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bucks Herald

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bucks Herald Empty Bucks Herald Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:51 pm

I know Mike and DB are dying to comment but as a non Southerner i think it would be much better to have just one club in the town. Know that few agree with me and that it's not likely to happen.

2Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:00 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

Have to say I agree as well bud but I can't see it happening in the near future. Looking forward to this season going and am goingt to pop down to the club tonight to see what's happening on the players front.

Ducks think they will be challenging this year but frankly I doubt that. and we have to improve and have a much more enjoyable season that we did last term!!!! cheers

3Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:08 pm

DB

DB

"i think it would be much better to have just one club in the town" Embarassed Have I missed something Trim? Is the college ready this year Question

"Ducks think they will be challenging this year but frankly I doubt that." ~ They've added Cooper to the squad he's decent & they've brought in some experienced defenders, top 3 for me unless someone robs them Wink
Will be interesting to see if they apply for promotion.

I an odd kind of way I quite enjoyed last season, thought it was character building for everyone, committee, management, players & us fans, it certainly tested our mettle !

4Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:42 pm

DB wrote: "i think it would be much better to have just one club in the town" Embarassed Have I missed something Trim? Is the college ready this year Question

No, the college will not be ready. They are building a new shiny block of classrooms for 14-18 students on the area some people mistakenly believed was earmarked for a football ground. This will called the University Technical Centre. There is a section of the college/Grammar school playing fields that may be built as a five a side court towards 2020 but there are no plans for any 'proper' football ground at the site.

As for the 'one team' theory, I believe it's best but then I have none of the prejudices of you little rural Bucks types.

5Bucks Herald Empty Re: Bucks Herald Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:52 am

DB

DB

The Aylesbury College pitch is top secret, you are obviously not high enough to be in the know ! I'm all for one team one town, which is what we have here in the County Town at the moment, maybe they could do it in Manchester, isn't one of the Clubs struggling for cash Question Bloody Northerners Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum