Aylesbury Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aylesbury Football Club

The Moles

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bucks Herald...........

+6
Afro daddy
Imp
mrfish
meanmachine100
DB
mikefarquharson
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 1:13 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Thanks very much for that unclealbert Very Happy. It's nice to know I'm getting some support.

52Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 6:00 pm

I've tried not to say too much and have just watched this thread with interest. It seems there are two camps: one that view Aylesbury FC as an institute for local sport where mistakes are allowed to be made,talent nurtured and it's not the winning but the competing that is important akin to the way parents would watch their children play; then there's the 2nd group who see the club as a way to highlight the town, winning games at whatever costs no matter who the personnel are very much like the way Premiership fans view games.

I can understand both viewpoints. Do we keep a well meaning but unsuccessful rookie manager and see how it goes with the team potentially being lost in the relegatiion places by November or do we chop and change again when really Smiffy should have been given more time. Only hindsight will give us the answers.

53Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 6:30 pm

mrfish

Will say that we have never abused the team or the manager ,only called for the manager to be changed when it became quite clear that he wasnt up to standard that was needed.Smithy was a great keeper in his time at the club and its good to see he has taken up the role of CDO.Enough said on the endless bickerings with MM tongue

54Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 6:38 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

A voice of reason well said Trimmtrab. But I believe you we can have a club to represent the town which does us proud. But it takes time. Build slowly. Rush it and we could be set back years. Or even not exist. The future can be bright. I know there is a lot of young football talent in the town. And it's coming through. They deserve chance and are good enough to play for FC. But all these changes are a disruption to the clubs ambitions. Which I think have been forced on the chairman by disgruntled fans. We can be a successful side but it takes time. Like I said constructive criticism can be good. The personal stuff is destructive . Craig has said he won't take any notice of the fans moaning so why not support the boys through think and thin.

55Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 6:44 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

meanmachine100 wrote:why not support the boys through think and thin.

Is that not what we do week in week out by going to the games regardless of the last result?

56Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 6:53 pm

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

No thats not what you all do. Some go to support but the minute it goes a little pear shaped its time for a new manager, their not playing for the shirt blah blah blah. pirat

57Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 6:58 pm

mrfish

It went a lot more than "a little pear shaped"

58Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 7:00 pm

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

What league are we in again. pirat

59Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 7:02 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Re BH Steve Smith did he make up the story of abuse. Thanks unclealbert for pointing out that. Everyone needs to give these lads a chance. They are semi pro players living a dream for little compensation.

60Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 7:07 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

Unclealbert wrote:No thats not what you all do. Some go to support but the minute it goes a little pear shaped its time for a new manager, their not playing for the shirt blah blah blah. pirat
I do not recall people doing that, I may be wrong there, but what I do remember is a statement from the manager on the main web page stating that some players are only turning up for their pay packet. Why did you not come on here then and tell him off?

Am I being too controversial and negative?

61Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Imp

The jury is out for the new manager, who doesn't have a whole lot more experience to Steve Smith really. Will he carry on the "policy" of playing youngsters from the Aylesbury area. If so it could be a long hard season because I am not convinced the local talent is good enough to compete at Southern league level, especially the young ones. Any experienced players from this area would need paying probably better than the club will budget for. As I say, the jury is out!

62Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 7:40 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Nothing like support the manager and younger players then. Best they get ear plugs for the season ahead. As you say its also about budgets.

63Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 7:52 pm

And this is te choice has to make, if we follow the club's ethos we can provide a standard of football for local talent. That level is the Spartan League. Nothing wrong with that, it's a competitive league. We can shout encouragement although mindful we can't hurt the feelings of vulnerable young footballers. .........and if we lose, we shouldnt be too downhearted, the lads tried their best.

64Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 8:37 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

A bit of an exaggeration. But your last few points are behaviours that should be upheld at any football match . Prem league or Sunday league.

65Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 9:43 pm

DB

DB

Gotta say, loving these green jumpers your all wearing Wink

66Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 9:46 pm

a voice in the crowd

a voice in the crowd

DB wrote:Gotta say, loving these green jumpers your all wearing Wink

maybe they got them from the barber, special deal with the haircut

67Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 11:31 pm

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

a voice in the crowd wrote:

Someone pass me a needle and thread pirat

68Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Thu May 31, 2012 11:51 pm

Dean Brennan Fan Club

Dean Brennan Fan Club

Unclealbert wrote:

Why? Are you going to use it to sew up your many login names and actually post as one person. pirat

69Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:49 am

Unclealbert

Unclealbert

Dean Brennan Fan Club wrote:
Unclealbert wrote:

Why? Are you going to use it to sew up your many login names and actually post as one person. pirat

What are you going on about. Its to sew my green jumper up pirat

70Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:38 am

mikefarquharson

mikefarquharson

My Last post on this subject cos frankly it's just getting BORING now. To clarify WE NEVER CRITICIZED ANY OF THE PLAYERS AT ANY TIME and in fact were very supportive and if you can find a post saying otherwise then please feel free to tell me I am wrong, we always supported the team and the players often when we were getting heavily beaten and outplayed. Now please can we move on, really looking forward to a positive, fun season ahead!!

71Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:44 am

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

DBFC DB and VITC what are you on about. You all seem to have decided I'm a Duck. Well I'm not never ever seen them play. And if your also implying I'm the same unclealbert not true. I wouldn't have spent my time on this forum just for a joke. I came on here because I didnt like the tone of the posts towards the ex manager and decided to show him some support. I'm not a Leon a double agent. I know more about the FC than probably most of you.

Last edited by meanmachine100 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

72Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:07 am

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Re mikefarq wouldn't say it's boring over 2300 views someone must be interested. lol!

73Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:20 am

DB

DB

1. You all seem to have decided I'm a Duck. Well I'm not never ever seen them play.
Bet quite a few that watch haven't either!
2 And if your also implying I'm the same person as unclealbert also not true.
Just the same English teacher then (I've been reading it as unclean albert)
3 I wouldn't have spent my time on this forum just for a joke.
Why not?
4 I came on here because I didnt like the tone of the posts towards the ex manager and decided to show him some support.
40 odd posts in a week, yep we get your point, are you really helping his cause, I would suggest you are trying to alienate Steve from the Club.
5 I'm not a Leon a double agent.
No your not, Leon is known on both forums
6 I know more about the FC than probably most of you.
Some of us have moaned about communication many times, we are all paid up members of the mushroom club Laughing . Maybe it's a case of keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer Suspect

74Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:25 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

Sorry have I out posted my limit. lol! FYI DB you have posted 421 times. I'm getting the feeling I'm not welcome on this forum.

75Bucks Herald........... - Page 3 Empty Re: Bucks Herald........... Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:18 pm

meanmachine100

meanmachine100

DB you posted this on wed 23rd with ref to the manager. your words read it..............I loved it, all season he has had to be tight lipped, we've ripped him on here & he's not been able to respond, I'm sure he'd like to say a lot more but wont be able to as he's staying with the Club. Anyone that spends their time or their money at the Club is entitled to an opinion, good or bad. We are a 21st Century Club, we use the forum first before pitch side jeering, I think that's a good thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum